Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 11:00:56 PM EDT
I have about a 30,000 gallon pool, roughly 25X50, and the Marcite is about worn out!  I am trying to decide to go with Marcite, Diamond Brite, or Fiber-glass to resurface.

I can't seem to get any straight answers about what the best surface is!  My pool is completely outside, with no enclosure other than our 5' child fence.  

Any ideas?  Experiences with any of the surface types, good or bad?  It's driving me nuts!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
We had a pool in So Cal. back when I was a teenager (so long ago...) It was my job to clean the damn thing - 7 years worth.

All I can say is whatever is most resistant to algae and is the easiest to clean would get my vote. Now, if you hire a cleaner, it's a different story, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:51:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Diamond brite or Pebble-tec.  FOrget Marcite.  If they do it wrong you'll have 2 years before it spall again. If they do it right, maybe 5-8.  The others will last longer, and you have nicer designs.  I know nothing about the fiberglass stuff, but I think you can get a nicer look from the pebble-tec.  Just researched a lot of this because our pool will need it in a year or so.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, the most positive I've heard is about Diamond-Brite, and I'm leaning that way, but you just never know if what you're hearing is the truth.  I've heard about 50-50 about the fiberglass stuff, for and against, but all good about Diamond product except $$$!

DE filter started leaking this week, too, but it's under warranty, at least!  Damned hole in the ground is a money sucker!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I just had mine redone in marcite.  Price was still a fortune not counting coping and tile.  What was nice is I had bright blue added to it during mixing so the pool water looks bright blue.  Another cool thing you might check into is a strobe light for your pool light.  We have one that changes the color of the pool from Blue to red, yellow, green, and purple every couple of minutes.  You can also leave on one color.  The purple looks so cool at night
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top