Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 1:18:19 PM EDT
I went to my local post office to get change of address forms as I have recently moved.  I was given a flyer with a website to make the changes online and it would be immediate.  Sweet right?  Oh no, not really, this FAILBOAT hasn't even begun to set sail.

I have personal mail, business mail for two businesses, my wife's mail (and two businesses) and mail for my daughter.  In total, that is 7 change forms to be processed.  I fill in all of the pertinent information and click to proceed.  The next page asks for my Credit Card number and security code to verify I am who I say I am and that my change of address matches my billing address on my CC AND the USPS wants to charge me $1 for each change of address.  I have 7 addresses for my family!!  

$7 isn't going to break me by any stretch, but this used to be a free service offered by the USPS.  

This is not a rant.  An actual rant would have been laced with F Bombs and other obscenity laced references to the USPS.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a foreshadow to odamba-Care.

Prepare to be dissapointed, and pissed off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
$7 isn't going to break me by any stretch, but this used to be a free service offered by the USPS.  

Dude, they're closing 700 post offices and considering dropping Saturday mail.  Brace yourself.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I went to my local post office to get change of address forms as I have recently moved.  I was given a flyer with a website to make the changes online and it would be immediate.  Sweet right?  Oh no, not really, this FAILBOAT hasn't even begun to set sail.

I have personal mail, business mail for two businesses, my wife's mail (and two businesses) and mail for my daughter.  In total, that is 7 change forms to be processed.  I fill in all of the pertinent information and click to proceed.  The next page asks for my Credit Card number and security code to verify I am who I say I am and that my change of address matches my billing address on my CC AND the USPS wants to charge me $1 for each change of address.  I have 7 addresses for my family!!  

This is not a rant.  An actual rant would have been laced with F Bombs and other obscenity laced references to the USPS.

It's still free if you use the paper forms... (you can print them if they don't have copies avail) that make sense considering the relevant amount of work involved, right? (NOT!)
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still free if you use the paper forms... (you can print them if they don't have copies avail) that make sense considering the relevant amount of work involved, right? (NOT!)

Keeee-ripes, they buried the actual, printable form on their website too!  All the links (from every .gov site I checked) go to that on-line version only.  I found it though, linked from the acrobat site, of all places ~> http://www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ps3572.pdf

So save your $7 bucks and give them some paperwork.... way I see it it's a win-win.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If everyone has different last names then you need to put in 7 address changes. The huge charge of $1 is actually to verify your address to make sure your not fucking with someone else that may have pissed in you cereal bowl. If the address you are moving from doesn't match the credit card address then the mail will not be forwarded. Got it?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I work for the PO and I hand out change of address forms all day while delivering mail.
Maybe it's just your office?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#7]
i did this. They charged my credit card $1 and sent me a notification card to my new address. That's all I received for 8 weeks, nothing else, not even junk mail. I went to the post office, called these assholes and they only reply was "i dunno know".
Do it the old way and get your mail  and the 10% home depot discount.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#8]
We will not forward "junk mail" to your new address...only first and second class.  Be glad for that.  BTW, "junk mail"...AKA bulk business mail, keeps the lights on for us!!  It should still be possible to submit your forward the old fashion way
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I love filling out all the fucking online shit and then being told your credit card was not the right type or some crap to that effect...

So not only was I charged a buck for nothing (how does that work?), but I still had to fill out the fucking paper forms...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Do it on paper in the office.
Things will go much smoother for you.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love filling out all the fucking online shit and then being told your credit card was not the right type or some crap to that effect...

So not only was I charged a buck for nothing (how does that work?), but I still had to fill out the fucking paper forms...

dispute the charge
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I did it online a year ago and it was free.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, they're closing 700 post offices and considering dropping Saturday mail.  Brace yourself.

Saturday mail was dropped in my neck of the woods long ago.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is a foreshadow to odamba-Care.

Prepare to be dissapointed, and pissed off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

+1

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i did this. They charged my credit card $1 and sent me a notification card to my new address. That's all I received for 8 weeks, nothing else, not even junk mail. I went to the post office, called these assholes and they only reply was "i dunno know".
Do it the old way and get your mail  and the 10% home depot discount.

Same thing when we moved in April.
Didn't think we were ever going to get any forwarded mail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top