Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 11:07:26 AM EDT
When UPS's tracker says, 'out for delivery,' that means the package is on the brown truck, heading to your house, right? As in:

01/05/2006 5:19 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#2]
It should.  See if it gives you a physical or logical scan.  Logical or derived just means they unloaded the container it was linked to.  Not 100% certain.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet. Expecting a biiiiig package to arrive today, then.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats it, think POSITIVE!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thats it, think POSITIVE!

The let-down is much better this way.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#6]
thats affirmative
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Except for when the date next to "out for delivery" is six days ago ... and that's the latest line of info.

Then it means you get to call UPS to see what's going on.

When you call them, they will tell you that the package appears to have been misplaced and you need to call the shipper and have them call UPS to initiate a trace.

When you say "why can't you just initiate a trace now, since you see that something is wrong" they reply with "that's just the way it is".

Then you call the shipper and sit on hold for 30 minutes before you can talk to someone.

Then the person you talk to calls ups and starts the trace. Then UPS tells them "don't be surprised if it's delivered today because it's probably on the truck."

Then you call UPS to see if you can find out if the package is coming today because you'd rather not sit around until 8:00 PM if they're not going to be coming.

Then the UPS center takes your phone number and says they'll get in touch with the driver who might have your package, find out if it's with him and going to be delivered today, and call you back to let you know.

30 minutes later they call you back and tell you that the driver has a package and made a delivery attempt 5 minutes ago but no one answered the door so he'll be back tomorrow.

You scream in anger and hang up the phone.

Then you go out to the door and find the UPS sticker stuck to the door.

You go and get your AR15 out and start loading magazines as you fume over the fact that you'd turned off all radios and televisions and had the place completely silent for the last hour and a half JUST so you could hear the doorbell if the driver rang it. The sonavabitch didn't even knock, he just stuck the sticker on the door and left. Now he must pay.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Except for when the date next to "out for delivery" is six days ago ... and that's the latest line of info.

When you call them, they will tell you that the package appears to have been misplaced and you need to call the shipper and have them call UPS to initiate a trace.

When you say "why can't you just initiate a trace now, since you see that something is wrong" they reply with "that's just the way it is".

Then you call the shipper and sit on hold for 30 minutes before you can talk to someone.

Then the person you talk to calls ups and starts the trace. Then UPS tells them "don't be surprised if it's delivered today because it's probably on the truck."

Then you call UPS to see if you can find out if the package is coming today because you'd rather not sit around until 8:00 PM if they're not going to be coming.

Then the UPS center takes your phone number and says they'll get in touch with the driver who might have your package, find out if it's with him and going to be delivered today, and call you back to let you know.

30 minutes later they call you back and tell you that the driver has a package and made a delivery attempt 5 minutes ago but no one answered the door so he'll be back tomorrow.

You go and get your AR15 out and start loading magazines as you fume over the fact that you'd turned off all radios and televisions and had the place completely silent for the last hour and a half JUST so you could hear the doorbell if the driver rang it. The sonavabitch didn't even knock, he just stuck the sticker on the door and left. Now he must pay.

Same thing happened with 3 of my packages over Christmas. Got the run-around until I told them one of them was 2000rds of rifle ammo, one was hi-cap pistol mags, and the other was various other gun parts. I had the shippers start a trace and all 3 were delivered that day and the next.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Maybe he heard you scream at the moment his hand was poised to knock and "didn't want nuthin' to do with that sh*&"....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think the ups drivers are people  who specialized in 'ding dong ditch' during their youths....only this time, they've advanced beyond ringing he doorbell.

They're all about dropping (and I do mean dropping) your package at the door and being back in their truck before anybody sees them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the ups drivers are people  who specialized in 'ding dong ditch' during their youths....only this time, they've advanced beyond ringing he doorbell.

Do the math.  You're a UPS driver.  You have to drive an average of 65 miles round trip.  and you have an average of 250 delivery stops to be done by 5 pm so you can start your pick ups.  You can not go home until your trucks deliveries are complete.    How would you accomplish this task without dropping and running??  FYI I quit that job a few months back.  None of my customers EVER saw me.  I also drove 150 miles and delivered 250+ stops.  

They're all about dropping (and I do mean dropping) your package at the door and being back in their truck before anybody sees them.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, except this guy didn't drop the package, he stuck a note on the door and left.

Anyone have some good ideas on how to fuck with the UPS driver without tipping him off that it's you?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I am firmly convinced that my UPS guy just kicks my packages to my door from the truck.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, except this guy didn't drop the package, he stuck a note on the door and left.

I had them do that once.

Also they attempted delivery at a different address and then claimed they had attempted  it at mine. Then they told me I'd have to wait until the next day's delivery to get the package.

Took half an hour bitching at various levels of supervisors until I could make them see that I had paid for DELIVERY on that date, not "attempted delivery at a stranger's house".

Whenever I can I use fedex ground or usps. No matter how bad they are, they can't match the incompetence of UPS.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Update: 1859 Hours (13 hours after it was loaded onto the truck according to their website), and no delivery thus far. And I've been home during all the time that UPS ever has delivered to our neighborhood (they never, ever hit here before about 1500 or so).
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Update: 1859 Hours (13 hours after it was loaded onto the truck according to their website), and no delivery thus far. And I've been home during all the time that UPS ever has delivered to our neighborhood (they never, ever hit here before about 1500 or so).

Whatever you do, don't call them to find out if it's still coming. They don't know, and they get annoyed by your call and will fuck with you because of it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#17]
As a UPS driver I have mastered the art of drop(errr I mean place package gently) and run(errr walk briskly back to Package Car).

98% of the packages I deliver are what we call DRs....meaning when Driver Release them at the delivery address.....this applies only to Residential customers.

What is being delivered, is it coming signature required......go toUnited Package Smashers lot of good info there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What is being delivered, is it coming signature required

$2000+ worth of computer parts. I damn well hope it's signature required.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is being delivered, is it coming signature required

$2000+ worth of computer parts. I damn well hope it's signature required.

You would be suprised........unless the shipper specifically inputs signature required when they ship the item it will not come signature required.

Got a Tracking #
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Got a Tracking #

Yep. That's how I got the information that all packages are "OUT FOR DELIVERY" as of 5:50 this morning, with no further updates.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#21]
The best you can hope for is that your package was skirted around the UPS Package Gorilla room.  None of mine have ever gotten to me unmolested, and 3/4 of every UPS package has a broomstick-sized hole in it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Probably got loaded on the wrong Package Car........it happens.........Check the tracking infor later tonight and see if it was scanned as missed or if it is in "exception" status.....this means that the package was loaded the wrong truck.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The best you can hope for is that your package was skirted around the UPS Package Gorilla room.  None of mine have ever gotten to me unmolested, and 3/4 of every UPS package has a broomstick-sized hole in it.

home.earthlink.net/~uberphlubb/netpix/packagegorillaswarehouse.jpg

You owe me a keyboard and a fresh drink!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Did they deliver it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Did they deliver it?

Yeah, about 8:00 PM.

The guy dropped off 3 packages, I signed, he went off, and I thought probably one would come tomorrow, that it'd got delayed for some reason.

Then he came back about 10 minutes later, apologizing and saying he read the label on another box wrong, and I took delivery of the 4th package.

My computer is now up and running (I put it together, hence my lack of updates), formatting itself so I can install Windows.

I'll post about the computer in a seperate thread, probably tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top