Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 7:21:19 AM EDT
So according to the Penal Code sec. 46.01:

(9) "Machine gun" means any firearm that is capable of shooting more than two shots automatically, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

So since it says "more than two shots" does this mean that our handguns and rifles could be converted to do a two shot burst and still be legal. I read somewhere that AL's says "more than three" so can they buy the factory versions with  three shot burst capability?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Even if you are right and that wouldn't violate state law, it would still be a Federal Crime...
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Why, is there a specific law against a two or three shot burst? Most of the stuff I've read in the past refers to emptying a magazine with a single pull of the trigger. But then I haven't searched very much for this stuff. Can you quote something specific?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I would assume the definition of machine gun in Texas was to exclude double barrel shotguns capable of firing both barrels with one pull of the triger.  That's my guess.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top