Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2010 4:32:45 PM EDT
I am not sure how the hell this thing works but holy fucking shit batman!  WTH?  Using Firefox and Google my PC's have been getting pummeled with hits.  TMN seems to be working although I am not sure how.

Is there anything else I should be using?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Noscript firefox add on
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Noscript firefox add on

This.

You'll be surprised at how many scripts are being run on various websites.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noscript firefox add on

This.

I have tried that but how do you use it so that it does not hang up every single site?

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hits? What kinda hits?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noscript firefox add on

This.

I have tried that but how do you use it so that it does not hang up every single site?

Manually allow the site. What you are looking to block are the advertising websites on a page (high risk for viruses and ransomware) as well as tracking sites like Doubleclick.net, quantserve, rightmedia, etc...

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Noscript firefox add on

This.

Manually allow the site. What you are looking to block are the advertising websites on a page (high risk for viruses and ransomware) as well as tracking sites like Doubleclick.net, quantserve, rightmedia, etc...

+1

This even happens on sites like hotmail. I'd also recommend the Adblock Plus plugin for Firefox.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
If you really wanna see some funny shit get peerblocker and block P2P, Spyware, and Ads. You will be amazed at all the strange shit that is trying to watch you.

http://www.peerblock.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top