Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/1/2004 10:12:11 PM EDT
My buddy is getting ready to deploy to the gulf and was wondering about these computers. Can you guys help me out he wants to know the difference between the semi rugged and rugged version. Where can he get one of these? Thanks JC
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:33:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 10:34:54 PM EDT by jor-el]
Semi-rugged means gel-mounted HDD, shock-mounted LCD, alloy LCD cover. Toughbook 48 and 50 fit that scrip. Fully rugged means all of the above, plus all drive doors, port doors, keyboard, battery covers and hull joints are rubber gasketed to seal out splashes. Does not mean Laptop will work underwater. Toughbook 28 and 29 fill that bill. Check out Ebay, but even there they are a pretty penny.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:35:12 PM EDT
Good but mega $$$$
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:48:10 AM EDT
thanks I will pass the info on to my buddy.
Top Top