Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
1/22/2015 10:44:36 PM EDT
Probably been asked before but what is your preference? I used to love Old Bay but Tony has been my go to lately. Pole inbound.
1/22/2015 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I put Tony in everything from soup to pork chops. He's an old friend.
1/22/2015 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
i use both :shrugs:



being a Marylander, i use old bay more.. of course.



 
1/22/2015 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Quoted:
I put Tony in everything from soup to pork chops. He's an old friend.
View Quote


I just put it on green beans. Yum! I was introduced to it over the summer and was immediately hooked. Especially on corn on the cob
1/22/2015 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Poll fail: Slap ya Momma
1/22/2015 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:
Poll fail: Slap ya Momma
View Quote


Boom!

Came here to post this.

1/22/2015 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Quoted:
i use both :shrugs:
View Quote



This
1/22/2015 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
For what? Each has its qualities, and each is best for something.
1/22/2015 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Did not vote, because you need both! (DUH pay attention 12-er!)  Seriously they are two different things.

Old Bay is critical, for crab cakes especially, and other delicate seafoods you do not want to overwhelm the natural taste of, like stuffed flounder. I DESPISE Maryland, especially Baltimore, but I do like me some NE style seafood on occasion. Creole is another world. Tony's is indispensable as a seasoned salt, witch it is, especially around deer camp, like on deer steaks, or seasoning for gravy. Sometimes I use both!

GET BOTH!

ETA: throw out the LaRue dillo dust. It is awful, harsh, too much celery, and bitter, plus it has sugar which burns easily. NO. YURZ. SORRY MARK, it SUCKS. I have like 2 bottles free for $7 shipping.
1/22/2015 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Old Bay is for people that can't get Zatarains. A poor second choice to Zatarains at best.
1/22/2015 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I have both, but like OB.



Less salt.






1/22/2015 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Smoked turkey rubbed with Tony's and injected with Creole butter.  Cannot describe how good this is and I am not a turkey eater.  (Or at least wasn't )
1/22/2015 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
A perfect example of when you need Tony's not OB. I want a slice of that turkey, and I do NOT like turkey.
1/22/2015 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:
Did not vote, because you need both! (DUH pay attention 12-er!)  Seriously they are two different things.

Old Bay is critical, for crab cakes especially, and other delicate seafoods you do not want to overwhelm the natural taste of, like stuffed flounder. I DESPISE Maryland, especially Baltimore, but I do like me some NE style seafood on occasion. Creole is another world. Tony's is indispensable as a seasoned salt, witch it is, especially around deer camp, like on deer steaks, or seasoning for gravy. Sometimes I use both!

GET BOTH!

ETA: throw out the LaRue dillo dust. It is awful, harsh, too much celery, and bitter, plus it has sugar which burns easily. NO. YURZ. SORRY MARK, it SUCKS. I have like 2 bottles free for $7 shipping.
View Quote


Just bring the dust to me next time you go hunting
1/22/2015 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Try Texjoy products and you'll leave Tony's behind.
1/22/2015 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quote History
Quoted:


I put Tony in everything from soup to pork chops. He's an old friend.
View Quote


FPNI
 
1/22/2015 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:



This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
i use both :shrugs:



This

1/22/2015 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#17]

1/22/2015 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:
Just bring the dust to me next time you go hunting
View Quote


You got it, you ... Philistine.
1/22/2015 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History


I have two of the three


1/22/2015 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Quoted:
Poll fail: Slap ya Momma
View Quote


This by far.
1/22/2015 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:


You got it, you ... Philistine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just bring the dust to me next time you go hunting


You got it, you ... Philistine.


I put it on my grilled corn on the cob
1/22/2015 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#22]
tajin, classico Seasoning
1/22/2015 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Old bay for seafood and fried chicken. Old Bay style wings are so good that the local Buffalo Wild Wings have it on their menu.  
I've been to New Orleans several times and was not impressed with the seafood, or seasoning.  Everything was boiled to the point of being flavorless and mushy. Than it was spiced up to give it some kind of flavor.
But I'm from MD and their is only one choice for me.
1/22/2015 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Tony's.  Not many Gulf Coast tables are without Tony's, Tabasco, and pepper sauce.
1/22/2015 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll have to try Slap Ya Mama! That's why I love this site, always learn about something new

I didn't add a "both" option as I felt that would be a bit of a cop-out. I certainly think Old Bay has its place but as a daily spice I'm down with Tony.
1/22/2015 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:
tajin, classico Seasoning
View Quote


Tajin is the shit, I use it in a lot of my Latin cooking
1/22/2015 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:
Try Texjoy products and you'll leave Tony's behind.
View Quote


Never heard of it, I'll have to give it a try!
1/22/2015 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Tony's and Old Bay are not comparable products. Zatarains is what you seek to compare against Old Bay and Zatarains beats Old Bay like a like a drum.

Instead of Tony's try Texjoy.



Jim
1/22/2015 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:
Try Texjoy products and you'll leave Tony's behind.
View Quote



This guy is from Southeast Texas
1/22/2015 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Tony's is a favorite, have both as well as several others.
I'm curious about how non-Louisianians pronounce "Chachere's"

1/22/2015 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I have and use both.
1/22/2015 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:

Tony's is a favorite, have both as well as several others.
I'm curious about how non-Louisianians pronounce "Chachere's"

View Quote


Sha-sher-ees. I lived in LA a while. Will def be trying the tex joy stuff. I still say apples and oranges; OB is necessary for crabcakes or anything MD-style, which is very tasty but different.
1/22/2015 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Silly.



Totally different seasonings for totally different uses.




Like asking Franks vs Mustard?
1/23/2015 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Tony's More Spice is my favorite.
1/23/2015 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Slap ya mamma.





1/23/2015 12:37:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Arfcom answer: both

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In