Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:22:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 7:28:27 AM EDT by r3ydium]
Just wondering what everyones tolerance is when drinking . . .

I just turned 21 - and the night of - me and my roomate sat with Grey goose vodka and jack . . . I had never drank before that . . . but somehow I drink about a half liter of vodka and about 1/4 bottle of jack . . . and "felt" just fine . . . I wasnt stumbling - stuttering - sluring -
I could stand on one foot - walk a line - everything
- i can remeber the whole night - even playing some online poker and can remeber the hands . . .

- Im sure my Blood alcohol level was well above the legal limit - But i wasnt and would never drive after drinking

I just found it alittle weird, I wasnt out to get drunk, but i kept drinking since i wasnt really feeling it to much

Anyways - Just curious what everyone else tolerance was . . .

ETA - I weigh 190 - 195 - and all the drinking took course over an hour I stopped after the jack - i was scared since i had never drank before - didnt seem right that i had so much in me . . . . .
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:23:09 AM EDT
Christ, how much do you weigh?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:24:09 AM EDT
195 (without taking a dump )
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:24:39 AM EDT
6 beers over a couple of hours doesn't affect me all that much. Half a bottle of wine before or after dinner gets me a little buzzed. Only hard liquor I drink any more is tequila. Usually takes 3 big glasses of margarita to get me buzzed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:27:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By r3ydium:
I wasnt stumbling - stuttering - sluring -

Bear in mind that just because you THINK you weren't slurring or stuttering doesn't mean that you weren't. Most people when drunk have NO idea how incapacitated they actually are (especially on hard liquor).
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:28:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pliftkl:

I wasnt stumbling - stuttering - sluring -

Bear in mind that just because you THINK you weren't slurring or stuttering doesn't mean that you weren't. Most people when drunk have NO idea how incapacitated they actually are (especially on hard liquor).

yeah
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:31:12 AM EDT
Well my other roommate who wouldnt drink to save his life - Came downstairs at about 2 in the morning and was talking to me and my other roommate

My other roommated who had been drink with me was slurring pretty bad - But he said that i was pretty co-herent - he had me walk a straight line for the fun of it - he told me i did it just fine

But maybe your right - Who knows - It was late
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:37:10 AM EDT
I literally took four straight shots of Jack one right after another and was ok two nights ago....
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:38:25 AM EDT
stop drinking grey goose you damn dirty hippy
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:40:10 AM EDT
Wait until you are 36. It doesn't wrok that way for me anymore.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:40:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Raven_Fire:

LoL! - (got it as a gift for turning 21 - It is pretty good though . . . . . )
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:49:31 AM EDT
I am 6' 4" / 220. Anything more than one beer and I am feeling intoxicated. two beers (or drinks) a night is about my limit.

Yes, I am a light weight. I suppose if I drank more than once a month I'd build up a "tolerance".

Although I threw caution to the wind and had two PBR's after finishing my last of three legs and 18 miles of the Hood to Coast relay race. I did not even wait my usual hour in between drinks, I had them *gasp* one right after the other! This made the other runners in the van who had not finished their legs yet very jealous. See what problem alcohol can cause?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:50:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Raven_Fire:

LoL! - (got it as a gift for turning 21 - It is pretty good though . . . . . )

it is good, but still from france, try stoli or one of the other top shelfs next time, jager and red bull, captain morgan private stock and 7up is the shiznit, dont tell anyone.
Top Top