Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/15/2011 1:22:50 PM EDT
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/video-of-tables-turning-on-bully-sounds-alarm-bells-20110315-1bvmu.html

Just the commentary about how violence isn't the answer, etc., etc.   Just disgusting.

I guaranty you that the little punk / bully / whatever has learned  lesson no counseling can ever teach.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The world needs more hugs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Bullies remain bullies until someone comes along and stomps them down.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
"But police and bullying experts are concerned by the video's publication on Facebook and the overwhelmingly positive reaction to the older boy's retaliation against his attacker.

"We don't believe that violence is ever the answer," Mr Dalgleish says. "We believe there are other ways that children can manage this."

Well, that may be true but, while the little douche' is punching you in the face...eh....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Violence self-defense seems to have worked very well in this situation.

Violence is what the punk kid did to the big kid.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
That kid just got taught a valuable lesson that no schoolbook could ever teach.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
This lady is smart.  

"Often children ... will blame themselves for actions done towards them. One of the first things we do at Kids Helpline is talk that through with young people and give a very strong message saying no child ever deserves or should be subject to bullying."
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like that little shit got what he had coming to him. Maybe the other kids will think twice about picking on some one, probly not but you never know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Good slam.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Go here and help them petition for the kid to get the Medal of Valour.
http://www.caseyheynes.com/
Zangief'ed

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That kid just got taught a valuable lesson that no schoolbook could ever teach.

one that could someday save his life, don't fuck with people.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bullies remain bullies until someone comes along and stomps them down.

This.

The alternative is known as "Detroit".
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Should have followed up with the People's Elbow.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Go here and help them petition for the kid to get the Medal of Valour.

http://www.caseyheynes.com/

Zangief'ed

I give that kid props for not continuing the beat down. Good on him. Nowadays it seems everybody's got to throw a kick or two once the opponent is down.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#14]
The problem with this "violence is never the answer" shit is that it's simply not true.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The problem with this "violence is never the answer" shit is that it's simply not true.

That's pretty much the first thing my dad ever taught me. I've thanked him for it ever since.

The second thing he taught me that all girls like it in the ass, sometimes they just don't know it...

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]
there is a photo of the bully on crutches without a shirt...what a tool
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#17]
some just gotta learn the hard way

better version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5L97Pc0aUk
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks like that little shit got what he had coming to him. Maybe the other kids will think twice about picking on some one, probly not but you never know.

Exactly this.  What do the "seasoned experts" expect him to do?  Stand there and get punched all day?  Run away from a kid half his size?  No, the scrawny punk got what he deserved.  It's too bad he got a broken ankle out of it, but hopefully he learned an important lesson.  If he tries the same thing later in life he may end up worse.  Good shoot beatdown.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#19]
My dad taught me that bullies are always looking for a fight till they found one.

In my experience that has been dead nuts on and I've made bullies into bitches.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this.  What do the "seasoned experts" expect him to do?  Stand there and get punched all day?  Run away from a kid half his size?  No, the scrawny punk got what he deserved.  It's too bad he got a broken ankle out of it, but hopefully he learned an important lesson.  If he tries the same thing later in life he may end up worse.  Good shoot beatdown.

In a word, yes.   I remember getting into a fight in 7th grade and having the asst. principle tell me that it was wrong to ever fight back.   I remember my Dad chewing out the principle and telling me that I should never start it, but that I should absolutely defend myself.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I was bullied in grammar school.

One day after school, the bully (who was much bigger than me) tried to beat me up again. When he knocked me to the ground I decided I wasn't going to take it any more. When I was on the ground I found a 2x4, and when I got up I swung the 2x4 and broke his arm.

His Dad came to my house and threatened my Dad. My Dad told him to "get off his property" before he kicked his ass.

Funny thing, me and that bully became best friends.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I love the very end.

Bully's friend:  Are you alright?

Bully:  Choking back tears.. No.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#23]
It piss me off that Facebook thought it need to censor that.. I am now 100% sure there is a campaign to pussify our young men
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"But police and bullying experts are concerned by the video's publication on Facebook and the overwhelmingly positive reaction to the older boy's retaliation against his attacker.

"We don't believe that violence is ever the answer," Mr Dalgleish says. "We believe there are other ways that children can manage this."

Well, that may be true but, while the little douche' is punching you in the face...eh....

Thats the problem liberals have, they confuse violence with self defence.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#25]
based on that video alone...the little kid had it coming.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It piss me off that Facebook thought it need to censor that.. I am now 100% sure there is a campaign to pussify our young men

it was posted on my friends FB page this morning, and it's still there (see my link above, same video)
so, more than likely, one of your "friends" bitched to FB
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Little freak.  I'm glad he got hurt.  Despite the Karmah, I would've
liked it to be much worse.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#29]
People dont seem to understand that sometimes violence is the answer. The only answer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was posted on my friends FB page this morning, and it's still there (see my link above, same video)
so, more than likely, one of your "friends" bitched to FB

It says in the link that they pulled it..

The video, meanwhile, was posted on Facebook and was going viral early today. It was removed by Facebook and YouTube just before 3pm but is still available on other sites, in a modified format.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Good shit.  Little bitches like that need to be put in their place, which is hobbling away from the confrontation they started.  Good throw.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#32]
No head aspolsion, but there were a couple laughs in there. I can't even comprehend how people think the key to stopping violence is to just stay the course as the victim, good shit
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#34]
complete and total violent annihilation is the correct response to unwarranted physical violence.

Our nation is being taught to be fucking cowards and to be dependent on others  to solve their problems.  Makes me sick to my stomach.

I would take a vacation and take the boy to disneyland or something while he is suspended.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Violence self-defense seems to have worked very well in this situation.

Violence is what the punk kid did to the big kid.

Both boys used violence. Only the smaller one used aggression.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good slam.

Rampage Jackson himself would be proud of that slam!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/video-of-tables-turning-on-bully-sounds-alarm-bells-20110315-1bvmu.html

Just the commentary about how violence isn't the answer, etc., etc.   Just disgusting.

I guaranty you that the little punk / bully / whatever has learned  lesson no counseling can ever teach.

Awesome, more than justified, that little shit should be punished.

The anti violence squad are enablers of unjust violence and its continuation, Just violence is never wrong (or it wouldnt be just..) and just violence is often the only solution.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The world needs more hugs.

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.........
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Reminds me of this one.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Yep... sometimes you have to smack a bitch to make him learn.  

This reminds me of one of my female friends, and what happened with a family she babysat for when we were in our college years.  She had one family she fairly regularly sat for.  The kid was around 8 and was a good kid.  Anyway, that family referred her to another family they knew that had one small child.  Can't remember age or gender specifically, but the kid was younger.  Maybe 4 or 5.  

Anyway, the parents were hippie blissninnies and would NOT say 'no' to their child, and would not allow my friend to do so either.  

She promptly quit.

That kid will grow up knowing no boundaries and no consequences.  I feel bad for the parents.  They, and many others like them, simply don't understand that children are simply not capable of reasoning.  Sometimes a good smack on the butt is enough for a kid to understand where a boundary is, because at any age, we all understand pain.  

I was spanked as a kid, and I will do so with my kids when I have them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Violence has solved every major conflict since the beginning of time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good shit.  Little bitches like that need to be put in their place, which is hobbling away from the confrontation they started.  Good throw.

This.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Reminds me of this one.

That has to be the most irritating 50 seconds known to man
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#45]
usually smart bullies, pick on kids SMALLER than themselves... not the bigfoot kid in the class, thats twice your weight, and 6 inches taller than you. ...

what could go wrong?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
usually smart bullies, pick on kids SMALLER than themselves... not the bigfoot kid in the class, thats twice your weight, and 6 inches taller than you. ...

what could go wrong?

Some of the worst bullies I've ever seen were kids that weren't particular big or strong.  They were just aggressive and looked for the kids who wouldn't fight back.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what could go wrong?

Some of the worst bullies I've ever seen were kids that weren't particular big or strong.  They were just aggressive and looked for the kids who wouldn't fight back.

I can second that. Dunno how big I was at that age, but I'm between 6'3" and 6'4" now, running at around 300 lbs. (think offensive lineman––played right guard at a AAAAA high school here until I graduated in 2010 and football is a big deal here in TX, though now that I'm out of high school and football, I need to lose quite a bit of weight). A few guys thought I'd make a good mark to pick on 'cause I tend to be quiet and not go looking for trouble. They ended up regretting it.

I can tell a big difference in the way people handle "bullying" and schoolyard violence by age range. My grandfather always told me "if somebody says they're going to hit you and drops back on one foot, you hit that sonuvabitch right in the damn mouth, you hear? 'Cause you're about to get hit in the face." People who have kids who aren't that much older than me tend to tell their kid to walk away... even if they're getting punched. Bizarre.

Young kids are going to fight. So what? It happens, and they learn their lesson. I guess people are scared of getting sued, though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what could go wrong?

I can second that. Dunno how big I was at that age, but I'm between 6'3" and 6'4" now, running at around 300 lbs. (think offensive lineman––played right guard at a AAAAA high school here until I graduated in 2010 and football is a big deal here in TX, though now that I'm out of high school and football, I need to lose quite a bit of weight). A few guys thought I'd make a good mark to pick on 'cause I tend to be quiet and not go looking for trouble. They ended up regretting it.

I can tell a big difference in the way people handle "bullying" and schoolyard violence by age range. My grandfather always told me "if somebody says they're going to hit you and drops back on one foot, you hit that sonuvabitch right in the damn mouth, you hear? 'Cause you're about to get hit in the face." People who have kids who aren't that much older than me tend to tell their kid to walk away... even if they're getting punched. Bizarre.

Young kids are going to fight. So what? It happens, and they learn their lesson. I guess people are scared of getting sued, though.

I think it has a lot to do with the mindset of the parents.  I'm 34 and my parents would NEVER have told me to just stand there and let some punk-ass use me as a punching bag.

I'm not some bad-ass street fighter or anything, but I can handle myself and I'd rather fight and lose than let someone bully me and get away with it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#50]
He was clearly defending himself, since he was getting punched in the face. Blows to the face can result in serious injuries or even death. He took the threat seriously, apparently, and defended himself until the threat was no longer present, at which point he discontinued any retaliation. If Australian laws are anything like American ones, I can't see him getting punished for this. Defending one's own health and well-being is a basic human right.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top