Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 4:14:30 PM EST
Since I am having trouble moderating my reaction to things, let me post a lighter thread..... I'm one hour or so into watching this crazy movie with Nicole Kidman. Does it, at [b]ANY[/b] point, start making a slight bit of sense. I am not a medical expert or nothing, but I have never heard of a medical condition that causes one to die instantly in sunlight. (Outside of vampirism.) Please tell me this convuluted, 18th Century language mess will make sense before the end..... Scott
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:27:30 PM EST
Just watch the movie. It'll come together at the end and all make sense.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:31:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/29/2002 4:34:47 PM EST by DScottHewitt]
Originally Posted By 455SD: Just watch the movie. It'll come together at the end and all make sense.
View Quote
Good. Cause it is making my head hurt. When is it supposedly set? IMDb didn't say..... Best line so far: Grace (pointing shotgun): GIVE ME THE KEYS!!!!! I'd give her keys to shit I didn't have keys for. Kidman played that scene so well..... BTW, IMDb says the disease xeroderma pigmentosum is real. Very rare, but real. Roughly one thousand people currently have it, worldwide..... Scott EDIT: grammar/spelling errors, and added medical info from IMDb.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:40:56 PM EST
OH!!!!! I jsut figured out who "the intruders" are. This is a pretty cool movie..... Scott
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:42:22 PM EST
You are amazing! I can't watch a movie and post at the same time. Hats off to you[:)]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:56:34 PM EST
I haven't seen the movie, but there is a disease (of the skin) which causes it to react violently to sunlight. IIRC, it is fatal and those who have it don't live long, even in darkness.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:07:53 PM EST
I was watching a show on this disease and though rare, enough children are born with it that there is a type of camp these kids can go to where they can play in a night time playground with other kids around the country that suffer from the same disease. I thought the movie ,The Others, was very good. A little slow in the beginning, but the plot started to pick up. The ending really through me. Not going to say how the ending went for those who haven't seen it. It made the whole movie. [b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:24:52 PM EST
good movie. about the skin disease, didnt Jacko the Wacko have that? everytime he was out in the sunlight, it gave him this weird desire to buy more skin bleach.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:27:27 PM EST
Good movie, but in my opinion, only good once. When you figure out the deal, it just isn't all that good anymore.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:36:01 PM EST
It wasn't worth watching ALL that just to get it at the end. I barely made it through, and if it had not been Kidman, I would not have made it. She's a HOTTIE.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:43:28 PM EST
Just saw it tonight, not bad at all. Like ArmaLiter said, a little slow in the beginning but it picks up. I really didn't see the ending coming. I like those kinda endings!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:57:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By ArmaLiter: I was watching a show on this disease and though rare, enough children are born with it that there is a type of camp these kids can go to where they can play in a night time playground with other kids around the country that suffer from the same disease. [b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote
I updated my post above with the name of the disease from IMDb. (I cut & pasted, since I couldn't spell it with a 100 tries.) Scott
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:59:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By ubergeek: Good movie, but in my opinion, only good once. When you figure out the deal, it just isn't all that good anymore.
View Quote
I agree. I recorded it for Mom, but not gonna re-watch the tape for details I might have missed, watchign and posting. Scott
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:01:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By bvmjethead: It wasn't worth watching ALL that just to get it at the end. I barely made it through, and if it had not been Kidman, I would not have made it. She's a HOTTIE.
View Quote
She could have been nekkid a [b]LOT[/b] more..... Scott
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:05:23 PM EST
It is set in German occupied France in WW2.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:20:35 PM EST
Oh cmon', will someone please post a pic of Nicole already!? She's the second hottest red head out there behind Niki Cox
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:39:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By Ken226: It is set in German occupied France in WW2.
View Quote
Actually, it's set in German-occupied Britain. Jersey is a British Channel Island and was occupied by the Germans for five years during the war.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:08:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/29/2002 7:09:51 PM EST by Ken226]
Thanks for the correction. I guess I don't know as much about ww2 history as I thought I did. I just assumed it was France because I thought her husband was a Frenchman who had joined the English army to help fight the Nazis.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:21:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By TrueGrit: Oh cmon', will someone please post a pic of Nicole already!? She's the second hottest red head out there behind Niki Cox
View Quote
[img]http://www.geocities.com/lynx_iz_here/nic.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:49:33 PM EST
Just saw it, best movie I've seen in a while.
Top Top