Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/17/2005 4:49:17 PM EDT
Anyone have the flu yet. I was puking and crapping for 8 hours strait. Finally starting to feel better.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:50:09 PM EDT
did you eat at Red Lobster?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:57:31 PM EDT
No, but I could not imagine being sicker
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:59:21 PM EDT
I had it a couple of weeks ago. Nothing worse than the creeping crud.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:08:53 PM EDT
all six of us have had flu shots, and so far so good.

some of the colds have been "miss school" and "miss work" variety, though, and thats unusual for us.

Have not heard of anyone much in this area (cincy) having the flu yet.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:10:21 PM EDT
My daughter had the flu, and missed 2 days of school, but she blame my cooking for giving her food poisoning, because I ate the same food and I didn't get sick.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:20:53 PM EDT
Me.

Two days ago. Felt crummy for about 48 hours but it was not something that even kept me in bed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:24:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sub-MOA:
Me.

Two days ago. Felt crummy for about 48 hours but it was not something that even kept me in bed.

Wiped me out. Feels like I got my ass beat - all of those unused hurl muscels.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:26:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By home_with_kids:
did you eat at Red Lobster?

If you leave Red Lobster feeling like that you came out lucky.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:27:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sub-MOA:
Me.

For me it was a few weeks ago. It wasn't a digestive thing though, it was sinus. I am now trying to come down with something else now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:29:16 PM EDT
I never had the flu. I did have Pnuemonia once. That sucked.

I get sick once every 3 or 4 years and then its a day of sneezing, coughing and sore throat, next day no voice, then everything is normal again.

I am probably gonna die young.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:30:31 PM EDT
I keep some things at home for it and it is generally little more than a nuisance.
You guys ought to see your doc for that, I know I could make almost everyone with gastroenteritis feels loads better.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:32:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 8:32:58 PM EDT by Boog]
A lot of the "flu" is food poisoning or something other. The flu lasts longer. I had the true FLU a few years ago. It came on VERY fast and it put me down for about 14 days. I was running a temp. of 105.4. Almost had to go to the hospital. Felt like I literally had been hit by a truck. I felt like SHEIT.

no puking but absolutely no appetite.

There is no mistaking it when you get the flu.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:42:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Boog:
A lot of the "flu" is food poisoning or something other. The flu lasts longer. I had the true FLU a few years ago. It came on VERY fast and it put me down for about 14 days. I was running a temp. of 105.4. Almost had to go to the hospital. Felt like I literally had been hit by a truck. I felt like SHEIT.

no puking but absolutely no appetite.

There is no mistaking it when you get the flu.

I think you are talking about influenza which is respiratory.
Stomach flu is gastroenteritis and bacterial food poisoning is relatively rare.
Treatment clearly is different for each of the three.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:47:43 PM EDT
Now that I think back, I did have the flu once.

We were getting shots in my unit and my buddy was having a hard time getting the needle in my arm, he said it kept popping out. He got a little over a quarter of it in though. The real medic came over and grabbed another needle and popped it in and shot it all. He then looked at me and asked if I was allergic to milk or eggs. Um yeah , why?

I dont really remember much after that. I do recall barfing so hard I thought my feet were going to come out and I remember the nurses walking me back to my room a few times. It turned out I kept sleepwalking / halucinating from the fever.

Whats up with eggs and flu shots?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 8:58:27 PM EDT by drjarhead]

Originally Posted By WildBoar:
Now that I think back, I did have the flu once.

We were getting shots in my unit and my buddy was having a hard time getting the needle in my arm, he said it kept popping out. He got a little over a quarter of it in though. The real medic came over and grabbed another needle and popped it in and shot it all. He then looked at me and asked if I was allergic to milk or eggs. Um yeah , why?

I dont really remember much after that. I do recall barfing so hard I thought my feet were going to come out and I remember the nurses walking me back to my room a few times. It turned out I kept sleepwalking / halucinating from the fever.

Whats up with eggs and flu shots?

The flu virus is grown in eggs for the vaccine. Actually grow isn't the right word as the virus replicates inside cells and then released. Viruses take over intracellular machinery to make copies fo themselves(may be thousands) whereas bacteria simply grow and divide in binary fission.

BTW, you didn't have the "flu".
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:45:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By drjarhead:
The flu virus is grown in eggs for the vaccine. Actually grow isn't the right word as the virus replicates inside cells and then released. Viruses take over intracellular machinery to make copies fo themselves(may be thousands) whereas bacteria simply grow and divide in binary fission.

BTW, you didn't have the "flu".

I probably didnt have the flu. Like I said, I hardly ever get sick and I dont recall ever having the flu. Just Pnuemonia once.

I guess it was some type of reaction.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:48:59 AM EDT
I was just forced to get my flu shot yesterday, so I'm sure it's coming soon.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:07:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ar15_rifleman:
Anyone have the flu yet. I was puking and crapping for 8 hours strait. Finally starting to feel better.

I'm no doctor, but what you just described is NOT Influenza, probably food poisoning. I have a close personal friend who is a practicing GP physician, he set me straight on this. He told me that bacteria develop into little colonies on a piece of food and sometimes 2 or more people can eat from the same pice of food and only one person gets sick because they ate more of the bacteria than their system could defend against or they got a piece of the food with a higher concentration of the bacteria. The same reason that some Mexicans can "drink the water" that would make Gringos puke.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:47:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pale_pony:

I'm no doctor, but what you just described is NOT Influenza, probably food poisoning. I have a close personal friend who is a practicing GP physician, he set me straight on this. He told me that bacteria develop into little colonies on a piece of food and sometimes 2 or more people can eat from the same pice of food and only one person gets sick because they ate more of the bacteria than their system could defend against or they got a piece of the food with a higher concentration of the bacteria. The same reason that some Mexicans can "drink the water" that would make Gringos puke.

It could be, I got sick after I ate a Stofers frozen meal. I did not feel better till I barfed all of it up.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:51:09 AM EDT
Yes, yesterday. I still have it a little today, but I am pretty much back to normal.

I had a flu shot.
Since that shot I have been sick 3 times.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:05:04 PM EDT

Anyone have the flu yet.

... Since Christmas day. Achy, coughing, runny nose & chills.

... Been cranky, bored and generally in a bad mood all around. To top things off, I miss my g/f and she doesn't get home until Saturday. Oh well, guess it was "my turn".
Top Top