Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 3
Next Page
5/22/2020 2:39:46 AM EDT
[#1]
My one complaint still stands: when the commanders are discussing the Hoth probe droid, Vader says “and I’m sure skywalker  is with them”

However he doesn’t learn that he is sky walker until he talks to the emperor after moving away from the asteroid field.
5/22/2020 2:52:02 AM EDT
[#2]
5/22/2020 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Quoted:
Tremendous movie.

Everyone who claims they saw the twist all along because Vader is Father in German is a liar.

In German Father is spelled Vater, and pronounced Fah ter.
View Quote

Agreed.    One of the greatest plot twist of all time.    Probably the best.    In this day in age nothing will ever come close.
5/22/2020 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Soundtrack
Star Wars V - The Rebel Fleet / End Title
5/22/2020 2:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]
5/22/2020 2:59:52 AM EDT
[#6]
5/22/2020 3:00:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quote History

Nice
5/22/2020 3:01:29 AM EDT
[#8]
5/22/2020 3:02:11 AM EDT
[#9]
5/22/2020 3:03:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quote History

5/22/2020 3:05:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quote History

5/22/2020 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#12]
5/22/2020 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#13]
5/22/2020 3:23:56 AM EDT
[#14]
5/22/2020 4:08:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Still pissed Disney bought it.   I wish someone else did.    

George Lucas claims it is meant for children.    Watching a New Hope, and Empire Strikes Back, tell a different story.   Yeah, watching ROTJ tells a different story, since it was about toys.
5/22/2020 4:10:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History

Piett is my favorite agent of the Empire.   Seemed like a good guy and smart.
5/22/2020 4:13:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Bought this after I first saw it


5/22/2020 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:

Still pissed Disney bought it.   I wish someone else did.    

George Lucas claims it is meant for children.    Watching a New Hope, and Empire Strikes Back, tell a different story.   Yeah, watching ROTJ tells a different story, since it was about toys.
View Quote

I think Lucas wanted families to watch it together so he tried to be all for everyone and that didn’t always work. My ex wife knows him, she posted pics having dinner with him on Instagram and took my son to the Presidio location for a private tour which was 1 of 3 Times I thought she was being a good parent and Mom for a change
5/22/2020 4:45:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Empire Strikes Back Yoda training Luke part 3 "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." (HD)
5/22/2020 4:46:45 AM EDT
[#20]
5/22/2020 5:59:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:
That scene where the door opens, and Darth Vader stands up at the table gives me chills like nothing else in any medium.
View Quote

Yeah, that was quite dramatic.

The original film will always be my favorite, but it and ESB are easily the two best Star Wars movies.
5/22/2020 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Ugh. That trailer was awful.
5/22/2020 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:
Ugh. That trailer was awful.
View Quote


“Modern” version
5/22/2020 7:09:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP.

I'm old....
View Quote


I said to my self "no way that was 40 years ago!"  then did the math.  
5/22/2020 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Very good movie.  Used to love staying up all night as a kid with my best friend watching all 3.
5/22/2020 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:
The best of the three Star Wars films

View Quote

5/22/2020 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:

Still pissed Disney bought it.   I wish someone else did.    

George Lucas claims it is meant for children.    Watching a New Hope, and Empire Strikes Back, tell a different story.   Yeah, watching ROTJ tells a different story, since it was about toys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:

Still pissed Disney bought it.   I wish someone else did.    

George Lucas claims it is meant for children.    Watching a New Hope, and Empire Strikes Back, tell a different story.   Yeah, watching ROTJ tells a different story, since it was about toys.


They were *all* about toys, when you think about it.
5/22/2020 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:
Hans huge balls are on display as he quick draws and blasts away.
View Quote



without hesitation.
I've always said a R rated movie about Han would rock.

show the asshole, gunslinger and smuggler in his true colors.
Chewie being his heavy, ripping arms off and beating people with it.
5/22/2020 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quote History

I use that line on the ladies all the time.
5/22/2020 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP.

I'm old....
View Quote


I was going to say that.  I saw it in the theater.
5/22/2020 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP.

I'm old....
View Quote

Same

Still a great movie, however
5/22/2020 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#32]
My dad and I went shooting that morning, and saw Empire that afternoon.  San Bernardino, California. We got pioneer fried chicken in between.

It was a good day.
5/22/2020 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#33]
I went to see it with a bunch of high school friends the first day it came out.

We got there around 8:00 a.m. and there was a only small family of four ahead of us.

By the time the movie started at 1:00 p.m. the line was all of the way around the back of the 6 screen theater.  I'll never forget when we got inside, one of my friends went to the emergency exit at the back of that room, opened it and pointed and laughed at the people behind the building still in line.

I have seen it several times since including when it came out on video and 20 years later when it was re-leased at the theaters with my girlfriend who was a little too young to see it and remember it in a theater the first time around.

eta: That whole thing was wrong. That was Return of the Jedi I was thinking of. I realized it because it came out right after we all graduated high school, which was in 83, not 80 like Empire. I saw all three originals in the theater but only went to the premiere day of Jedi.
5/22/2020 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#34]

5/22/2020 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:
That scene where the door opens, and Darth Vader stands up at the table gives me chills like nothing else in any medium.
View Quote


Definitely, that scene was very well done.

I've always loved the original 3 Star Wars as well as the entire Soundtrack.  It is definitely one of those soundtracks/scores you can listen to and you can visualize what was happening in the movie when while you listen to each piece.  John Williams has really done some absolutely phenomenal scores.  His music combined with the movies is something we just don't have anymore.

I have a hard time picking out a favorite of the original three Star Wars, they all have their moments of awesomeness.
5/22/2020 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP.

I'm old....
View Quote



I'm right there with you.
5/22/2020 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#37]
5/22/2020 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:


View Quote





5/22/2020 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quote History


Was that Harrison Ford narrating the trailer?!
5/22/2020 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP.

I'm old....
View Quote

5/22/2020 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#42]
This is the one thing that I kind of wanted a laserdisc player for as that was probably the best version released.  I just introduced my kids to Star Wars with the despecialized edition.
5/22/2020 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#43]



Star Wars... Surprise Motherfucker!

5/22/2020 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The asteroid field..............................
Han: You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake sweetheart

Leia: I take it back......

View Quote

5/22/2020 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:
Vader is Luke’s Father!
Vader is Luke’s Father!
Vader is Luke’s Father!
Vader is Luke’s Father!
Vader is Luke’s Father!
Vader is Luke’s Father!
Vader is Luke’s Father!
Vader is Luke’s Father!
Vader is Luke’s Father!
Vader is Luke’s Father!
View Quote

5/22/2020 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Made for a cool Super Nintendo game, too.

5/22/2020 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History


Watched the whole trailer and there is one scene I swear isn't in the movie.  At 1:29 C3PO rips a sign off of a door.  I have watched the movie about a hundred times since I first saw it at 8 years old and don't think that scene is in the movie.  Anyone else...?
5/22/2020 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History

5/22/2020 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#49]
5/22/2020 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:
The best of the three Star Wars films

View Quote


Truth

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 3
Next Page