Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 10:00:58 AM EDT
Is it any good? Is it worth spending my money on and once again becoming a Sim addict?

Are there any problems with the game?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I enjoyed it... however, I think they over complicated the desires attribute.

Its a big improvement over the prior one, however.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Get World of Warcraft

Avoid Dungeon Seige 2, it wes soo bad I deleted it after a few hours
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You know, I bought The Sims for the wife. She played it, and for about 2 or 3 days I played it quite a bit.

Then I was sitting there watching the little guy haul the trash out.....And lo and behold my wife says to me I need to take the trash out.

Hit me like a ton of bricks. Why in the fuck do I want to play a game that hasme doing EVERYTHING I have to do in real life.
I dont LIKE going to work, taking out the trash, paying bills etc etc etc and this game makes you do ALL OF THAT.

Fuck that. Gimme HL2 or DoD or something where I get a gun or plasma rifle or rocket launcher and can blow the everloving hell out of people.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Does it work with the expansion packs from Sims 1? I heard it doesn't... not real sure though...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You know, I bought The Sims for the wife. She played it, and for about 2 or 3 days I played it quite a bit.

Then I was sitting there watching the little guy haul the trash out.....And lo and behold my wife says to me I need to take the trash out.

Hit me like a ton of bricks. Why in the fuck do I want to play a game that hasme doing EVERYTHING I have to do in real life.
I dont LIKE going to work, taking out the trash, paying bills etc etc etc and this game makes you do ALL OF THAT.

Fuck that. Gimme HL2 or DoD or something where I get a gun or plasma rifle or rocket launcher and can blow the everloving hell out of people.

That's why you use the rosebud cheat so you don't have to work

Wait, does that cheat even still work on Sims2?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does it work with the expansion packs from Sims 1? I heard it doesn't... not real sure though...

No, it doesn't.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Look at the Goodwill, I found Halflife 2 unopened at the Goodwill for $15, Im bored. I might go see what the goodwill has.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it doesn't.

Ugh
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a cheat in reallife too where you dont have to work, its called Welfare.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There is a cheat in reallife too where you dont have to work, its called Welfare.

he he.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'Xcuse me gents, I gotta go get this cheat.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Personally, I like the new upgrade to Life Insurance Policy... then a little easter egg I call Faking Your Own Death.  I haven't used it successfully yet
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#14]
My daughter is addicted to Sims. If she does not get her daily fix she freaks out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#15]
bump..

I heard Sims 2 isn't compatible with all comps... my comp's not even six months old...It should work, right?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Look at the Goodwill, I found Halflife 2 unopened at the Goodwill for $15, Im bored. I might go see what the goodwill has.

I picked up silent hill 4 from media play going out of buisness sale for 10 bucks.

BF2 and Half Life 2 are the best shooters out right now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
bump..

I heard Sims 2 isn't compatible with all comps... my comp's not even six months old...It should work, right?

Shouldn't have a problem.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Keep in mind that Sims 2 is not a very manly game, after loading it up for my daughter I checked it out for a little bit but then I realized I was actually wasting real time trying to decide what color flooring would best match the wallpaper iny my sims house and crap like that. My daughter loves it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Get World of Warcraft

Ever play with Leeeeroy Jennkkinssss?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it doesn't.

Ugh

Why would it?  They're two completely differant games based on totally differant engines.

Quoted:
bump..

What are your specs?  I can go down to the store right now and buy a computer 3 years younger than this one right here that'll be unable to run anything decent and yet my current PC is still faster than most of what you find at stores.

I bought a budget PC for my parents not 4 months ago and it cannot handle the Sims 2.  Culprits?  500megs of non-DDR SDRAM and a 64meg onboard video card.  They aren't gamers though, I just installed the game to see if it would run.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get World of Warcraft

Ever play with Leeeeroy Jennkkinssss?

I did that in WoW except it was in a diffrent dungeon and I used my mount to bring most the dungoen back to them
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The only mayhem available in The Sims is the serial killer type.  
Throw a pool party, go into "build" mode & delete the pool ladder, stand back & watch your guests swim in frantic circles
Or go all Edgar Allen Poe & wall 'em up in the back yard.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm sorry.

Are you (supposed) adults discussing your experiences playing a game that is the rage among 13 & 14 year old girls?  I admit it makes it easier to buy gifts for my daughter, but after watching her play the game I can't imagine why adults would play a game that simulates being an adult.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top