Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 5:10:30 PM EDT
U.S. Imposing embargos against Syria.  Just a token decision or "step one" to the downfall of the next terrorist supporting country?

Sorry if dupe
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a plan! Maybe flip a coin - them or Iran next? I guess Syria is as good a choice as any.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]

It's Syria. I've been saying it for 8 months now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You mean behind it all?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
as soon as the election is over ...we go in(assuming GB is in office)
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
With what?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinkin' Iran is next.  That's pretty much what all the DI's were telling us a couple months ago.  After Iran, Syria.

R
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean behind it all?

I think you'll find Saddams "weapons of mass destruction" in Syria. I also think you'll find that many of these insurrgents came through Syria.

The only thing Iran will be attacked for is their nuclear program.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
With what?

EXACTLY!  How are we going to invade Syria (or Iran)?  With what?  Clinton cut US ARMY in HALF!  We are 0.8 BILLIONS short in small arms ammunitions.  Our war machines are wearing out at rates like 5X in dessert environment.

How are we going to invade Syria or Iran?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
We don't need to invade Iran...

We just need to play 'Master of Puppets'  -> build an anti-clerical insurgency & assist them in taking their country back... Think VC from Vietnam, but this time make em the good guys...

The popular will is against the mullahs, you just need someone to tip the scales...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean behind it all?

I think you'll find Saddams "weapons of mass destruction" in Syria. I also think you'll find that many of these insurrgents came through Syria.

I agree 100%
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
With what?

It is no mere coincidence that they are gearing up the selective service and talking about including womenz and ages up to 34. The draft will be in effect after the election.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#13]
illegal aliens drivers licenses + draft renewal = drafted aliens

i hear the draft boards are being set up and staffed across the country, bumping the draft age to 34 + wimmens kinda scares me into thinking there is going to be a HIGH DEATH TOLL, is going into iran or syria going to be worth killing off a generation of Americans?

i dont think the world would stand for the US going into any more middle eastern countries, we are already losing support from the guys that were with us, no matter how small.

i also hear that iran is the real target, the whole purpose of going into iraq and afghanistan was to surrond iran, and that these plans were layed before 9/11.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Hmm...wonder where I will go.  I know some of the NG dudes here just got tapped.  I've been told that there is a good chance that my unit may go.  

I'm not worried.  A part of me wants to go.  Anyways, out of curiosity, can they activate individual soldiers from the Reserves, or do they send the whole unit.

I go to OSUT on the 25th of this month.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:33:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:00:44 AM EDT
[#16]
From what I recall, reserves can be called up solo but not NG.  But in a time like this, anything is possible.

jd1
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:15:11 AM EDT
[#17]
right on mickey mouse, i could not have spoken it better myself
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:35:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hmm...wonder where I will go.  I know some of the NG dudes here just got tapped.  I've been told that there is a good chance that my unit may go.  

I'm not worried.  A part of me wants to go.  Anyways, out of curiosity, can they activate individual soldiers from the Reserves, or do they send the whole unit.

I go to OSUT on the 25th of this month.

It is my understanding that an individual reservest can be called up to fill a vacancy.  Usually NG's are called up as a unit.  

Shootist
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
We don't need to invade Iran...

But we do need to bomb their nuclear facilities before Isreal does.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:10:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
With what?

It is no mere coincidence that they are gearing up the selective service and talking about including womenz and ages up to 34. The draft will be in effect after the election.

More of your paranoid bullshit.  The White House doesn't want a draft.  The leadership of the Senate and House don't want a draft.  Only the Democrats want to talk about a draft as a political football.  And only suckers believe it will happen.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Who gives a rats anus WHAT the "world" thinks?  Screw the moslem swine!  IMHO we don't need many troops for the task, just make 'em glow!

Truer words have never been spoken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top