Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 11:30:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a rifle for my father that had a Swift 4-12x40Ao on it.  I hated the thing, but he loves it.  We threw it on light duty on his 22, but it functioned perfectly on his 3006, during the time it was mounted there.  

HOWEVER, the one gripe I have is that ALL of the adjuctable threads (AO, focus, power ring) ALL STICK and are heavy to turn.  I was tempted to get the old oil out with a bit of WD40, but figured the WD40 might get inside the scope.  

Other than that, they're nice for range work, but I wouldn't trust their durability outside of that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Swift 6-18x56 AO on one of my AR10's.  I was a die hard Leupold man before but, it is a champ I can't say one bad thing about that Swift...

Except, it ain't a Leupold![;D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#5]
It's not a Leupold but then it didn't cost $600 either.
I have had 2 and was pleased with both. I still have one. The one that I no longer have went with the rifle it was attached to or I would still have it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that they have a Lifetime Guarantee.
USA made and the reticles are photoetched and shock proof.

For the $$ they are a good buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top