Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 5:51:33 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/812172/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee, that's too bad, another dead dirtbag.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
"Hey man, nice shot!"
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Gee, so sorry about your bad luck.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Vishal Chunilal, who works at the Provision House liquor store next door to Dr. Sports, said Prendergast comes most days and buys a bag of peanuts. Also, Prendergast buys a lotto ticket each week for an elderly woman who cannot leave her home, Chunilal said.

"We've known him for about 10 years," Chunilal said. "He's always been a quiet guy. I can't believe he shot that guy. I'm afraid of what would have happened if (the robber) came here instead."
View Quote

I bet they didn't have any protection such as a handgun or something to protect their shop.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I think the store owner should sue the family for mental anguish and suffering. After all...It's his family's fault they didn't teach the dirtbag that stealing is bad!

I don't mean to bring more hardship to a family who's just lost a loved one. But...I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts the family is planning on suing the storeowner for shooting that scumbag. go figure. Don't get even....get up one!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Just once, I'd like to hear someone, after a self-defense shooting say, "and I'd do it again!"

From the article:
determining whether detectives would recommend criminal charges be filed against Prendergast[the shop owner]
View Quote

Determine whether or not to file criminal charges?  There are times, and it's not often but this is one of them, that I'm glad I don't have children.z
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#8]
They stated that the gunman had no prints on file.  I must assume that he recntly invaded the US.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[IMG]www.modbee.com/ips_rich_content/690-24a1robber.jpg[/IMG]

Firefighters and paramedics attend to a shooting victim

When did an armed robber become a "VICTIM"?
View Quote

Because "Gunshot wound recipient" takes up too much space.

The headline should be, "Robber finds downside of his chosen criminal activity."
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top