Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2002 10:19:15 AM EDT
A friend of mine is getting married soon.I tried to stop him but these things happen.Anyway he is thinking about moving to the state of Delaware. He knows much about the state with the exception of the (drumroll please) Constitutional Infringements(or as most people call them gun laws).Well how are Delaware`s Constitutional Infringements compared to Pennsylvannia`s?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, full auto is an absolute no-no, no matter how much paperwork you file(knew a guy who moved for this reason).
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Any other good or bad about this state?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Whole bunch of good-sized deer, at least on the west side of the state, unlimited supply of meat deer and some good bucks - I got one 200 lb right on the MD line.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Stay in PA.

Class 3 friendly and nice concealed carry too.

Just wish we acknowledged more states. Oh well, a non resident NH for me when I turn 21.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#5]
One thing that really annoys me about Deleware is that the speed limit on I-95 is 55 mph.  WHY???
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#6]
DE is a MAY ISSUE state for carry permits. My cousin lives there, so I know all about the application process. They make you jump thru alot of hoops for a permit. You have to take a certified training course. You have to take out an add in the paper advertising that you are appling for a carry permit. All together it cost my cousin about $250-300 to get his permit. Also permits are only good for 2 years.

In Northern DE there is no place to shoot. My cousin shoots his pistols at Target Master which is in Chads Ford PA. He hates target master becuase the owner is an asshole and the place is overpriced becuase he knows he has no competition.

I say stay in PA at all costs.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Correction about a place to shoot in New Castle County, Delaware: Ommelanden Hunter/Safety Center on Route 9, in New Castle, has a pistol and rifle range for a low fee.

Delaware CCW application isn't that bad, as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. First license is 2 years, subsequent licenses are 3 years.

With a Delaware CCW license, a myriad of other state's licenses can be had.

Delaware CCW Application:
Prothonotary, Delaware Superior Court
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Correction about a place to shoot in New Castle County, Delaware: Ommelanden Hunter/Safety Center on Route 9, in New Castle, has a pistol and rifle range for a low fee.
View Quote

From what my cousin's told me about Ommelanden, it sucks. Rifle range is only 50 meters. Pistol is the kind where you have to walk upto the targets to change them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top