Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2003 2:42:04 PM EDT
They do drug testing for this sport?  I bet the parents are juicing their kids.  Hell, I would.  None of those little bastards are gonna front my kid.

"Here Johnny...more ephedrine...more caffeine....I think your tolerance is building up on us some more.  And let's wash it all down with some Mountain Dew this time.  Hold out your hand....HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU....STOP THAT GODDAMN SHAKING!!!  HEY!!!  COME BACK HERE!!!"

[url]http://www.speedstacks.com/videos.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It's amazing what passes for a "sport" these days, huh?
I remember back when ultimate frisbee became a "sport". Shit, I always thought frisbee was what you played on the beach with your dog.

Caffeine/Ephedrine is great stuff, so long as it's used judiciously. I played 2 (real) sports in college, one NCAA and one club, and that stuff flat works.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Speedstacking, the sport of losers whose parents were losers, whose parents' parents were losers, etc.

[BS]

I would like to see them stack those cups as I shoot at them with my Ruger Mark II. Now THAT would be a sport.

[pistol]

As much as I like tossing around the frisbee, I gotta agree dbrowne. He has bashed Ultimate Frisbee so I shall cover Frisbee golf. It completely removes the sporting aspect of golf.

1) NO carts so no drafting and bumping
2) NO drinking (because I hate walking a lot when I'm drunk)
3) NO danger of severely wounding any of the players

DOWN with sissy sports! DOWN with the sissies who play them!

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i'm sorry but "DARTS" is the only real sport. Where else can you get drunk and throw sharp pointy objects at a target. Especially if the scorer insists on sitteng next to the board during the throw.

mike
View Quote

Darts is a drinking game, like Beirut, Asshole, etc. It is not a sport.

Back to the original topic...

The people who proclaim things like "speed stacking" and anything that uses a frisbee to be a "sport" are the same people who proclaim "fundmental rights" to work, health care, and shelter. Their claims with respect to sports are entitled to the same level of credibility.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Couldn't agree more.

Let's throw synchronized swimming into the mix.  I'm not saying it's easy...definately not a sport.

Quoted:
Quoted:
i'm sorry but "DARTS" is the only real sport. Where else can you get drunk and throw sharp pointy objects at a target. Especially if the scorer insists on sitteng next to the board during the throw.

mike
View Quote

Darts is a drinking game, like Beirut, Asshole, etc. It is not a sport.

Back to the original topic...

The people who proclaim things like "speed stacking" and anything that uses a frisbee to be a "sport" are the same people who proclaim "fundmental rights" to work, health care, and shelter. Their claims with respect to sports are entitled to the same level of credibility.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
mike
View Quote

And you forget "Bowling" the art of throwing a 16 pound ball 60 feet to knock over 10 pins.

ED
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top