Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 1:09:00 PM EDT
I just talked myself out of buying a gun.

I got the AIM Surplus flier last weekend and it had their new batch of CZ-82s listed.  I've been wanting one for a while, probably for no other reason than because it can be shipped to my door.

It's my birthday and I've gotten some gifts of $$$ from family members so I could cover the cost of the pistol with gift money, or just from my savings account.

I talked myself out of it on the grounds that it's relatively impractical and that it's another caliber to stock components for.  It's a bit heavy for CCW, plus I have a Colt Cobra and Glock 26 for that.  It's too small and the sights are too meh for target shooting and competition.  I don't want to get another batch of brass and bullets to deal with.  While it's on the C&R list, I don't consider it to be historically significant along the lines of an M1 or even an AK.  

What's wrong with me?  Am I getting wiser with age, or senile?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I went through the same thought process with their CZ-82s a while back.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I got the AIM Surplus flier last weekend and it had their new batch of CZ-82s listed.  I've been wanting one for a while, probably for no other reason than because it can be shipped to my door.

It's my birthday and I've gotten some gifts of $$$ from family members so I could cover the cost of the pistol with gift money, or just from my savings account.

I talked myself out of it on the grounds that it's relatively impractical and that it's another caliber to stock components for.  It's a bit heavy for CCW, plus I have a Colt Cobra and Glock 26 for that.  It's too small and the sights are too meh for target shooting and competition.  I don't want to get another batch of brass and bullets to deal with.  While it's on the C&R list, I don't consider it to be historically significant along the lines of an M1 or even an AK.  

You're growing up.

Congratulations!

...Don't worry about growing up though, someday you will have a mid-life crisis and buy all sorts of shit you don't need.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You're just under the impression that you have to stock ammo, parts and components for every gun you own.  Buy it because you want it, when you want to shoot it, buy a couple boxes of ammo and shoot it up.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You're just under the impression that you have to stock ammo, parts and components for every gun you own.  Buy it because you want it, when you want to shoot it, buy a couple boxes of ammo and shoot it up.  

9x18 Makarov is relatively rare around here, and generally pricey compared to common service calibers.  Being somewhat frugal, I'd never shoot it if I relied on factory ammo.  (My exception to the factory ammo rule is 12ga shotshells.)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep, cheaply priced, CZ quality, delivered to your door, accurate and fun to shoot are its real attributes.  You must be getting wiser and frugal, I applaud you for not spending free cash on a CZ-82 if adding another caliber is going to be a hassle for you.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thank you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top