Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:04:14 AM EDT
1923 international.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:06:11 AM EDT
As advertised both old school and cool. Neat!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:07:45 AM EDT
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly! Hills that is,swimming pools,movie stars.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:08:25 AM EDT
Guessing it's in somebodies private collection seeing the ax and hand cranked siren is still with it.

In the picture with the ax, any idea what the canister has in it?
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:09:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Nightdriver:
Guessing it's in somebodies private collection seeing the ax and hand cranked siren is still with it.

In the picture with the ax, any idea what the canister has in it?

It's for sale at a commercial vehicle salvage yard. But they want more than I'm willing to pay with all the work that it needs. I assume it's an older dry chemical extinguisher, But I have no idea beyond that, I was in flip flops and was already too far into the brush lol.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:10:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:10:41 AM EDT
Hope someone saves her soon
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:14:04 AM EDT
Deserves to be restored and parade driven
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:16:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ultramagbrion:

If I had the money to buy it, I would. I have the facilities to do the restoration, and the time, and the historical experts to get it done right. We're storing an early 50s ALF at one of our stations for someone that just finished a resto on it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:38:58 AM EDT
That is a nice piece of history right there, hope someone gets it and does it right.

See, if I had won the lottery last night, I'd probably spend the rest of my life buying up old cars and trucks and bringing them back to life.

Would be a nice way to spend my retired years.

LC
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:55:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:

If I had the money to buy it, I would. I have the facilities to do the restoration, and the time, and the historical experts to get it done right. We're storing an early 50s ALF at one of our stations for someone that just finished a resto on it.

Out of curiosity, what are they asking for it?
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:57:48 AM EDT
Gorgeous!

Also: is that a 1939 Ford in the back? The only other thing that comes to my mind that looks remotely similar would be an old Framo Truck from the former GDR (East Germany) but i guess one of that wouldn´t possibly wind up in the US.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:35:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jeffreysox:

The counter guy said either 10k or 12k, but he'd have to ask the owner to be sure. It's been there a long time, I suspect 5 cash would be enough knowing those guys.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:59:02 AM EDT
If only I had the money.....
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:05:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Krautling:
Gorgeous!

Also: is that a 1939 Ford in the back? The only other thing that comes to my mind that looks remotely similar would be an old Framo Truck from the former GDR (East Germany) but i guess one of that wouldn´t possibly wind up in the US.

I could answer you, but if I said anything other than "i have no idea" I'd be lying. I'm not the vehicle buff that many are. I just really dig hisotrical apparatus.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 9:51:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jeffreysox:

The counter guy said either 10k or 12k, but he'd have to ask the owner to be sure. It's been there a long time, I suspect 5 cash would be enough knowing those guys.

I might be tempted for 5k in my area. But the amount of work, and the near impossibility of finding parts might be enough to dissuade me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:14:37 AM EDT
I'd be tempted, but all I'd do is try to build a hot rod out if it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:15:46 AM EDT
It's more complete than the last International I bought!

Top Top