Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 5:06:23 AM EDT
It's snowing and blowing hard right now. I shouldn't be surprised as I've seen it as late as May.

But damn, I thought spring was here.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:08:57 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks.  It is about 60 degrees and sunny here.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I was pelted with 1/8"-1/4" hail balls last night.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Today
Areas of low clouds and patchy fog early in the morning... then partly cloudy. Highs from the lower 70s along the Gulf Coast to the lower 80s inland. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Marine:
Synopsis
A weakening cold front will move through the coastal waters today. High pressure will then rebuild over the Gulf and peninsula on Wednesday and Thursday. The high will then shift east into the Atlantic on Friday as another cold front moves into the northern waters on Saturday.  

Today
Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.  

Tonight
Northwest winds around 10 knots becoming north after midnight. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.  

Wednesday
North winds around 10 knots becoming northwest during the afternoon. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.  

Wednesday Night
Northwest winds around 10 knots becoming northeast late. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.  

Thursday
East winds 5 to 10 knots becoming west late in the afternoon. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.  

Thursday Night
West winds around 5 knots becoming southeast 10 to 15 knots after midnight. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters becoming a moderate chop.  

Friday
Southeast winds around 15 knots becoming south 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.  

Saturday
Southwest winds around 10 knots becoming west during the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#6]
snowed a little here today.....there was a bit of a melt last week, we had over 3' of accumulation for a while.

It's been a really mild winter over all.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:12:05 AM EDT
[#7]
They forecast snow for us here (Buffalo), but none materialised, hopefully it'll stay that way.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#8]
How much farther north are you?  Nothing but warm rain here (southern nh near the border with Assholechusetts).
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#9]
West side of Lake Winnipesaukee. It's turning to sleet/slush now. I have to fly in this stuff later today
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#10]
37 and nice.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep.  Just when you think Old Man Winter's calling it a year, he comes back with one final snowfall.  Happens every year here.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the San Gabriel Valley(10 miles east of Los Angeles), and its 60ºF and partially cloudy.  It was supposed to have "rained cats & dogs," for the past 2 days with 1-3" but all we got was a about 0.1".  I guess with all of that expensive radar and computers, weather prediction is still part art and part science.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#13]
we have a threat of snow here, too, Rodent.

Wanna come snuggle and keep warm?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is Ted Kennedy gunshy? Does he drink? Can he swim?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll save the spot on the couch for ya.  <pat pat> right next to me!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=30470

I'll post some pics of the hail when I get home, I just had to take pics last night.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it getting warm in here? Is anyone else's collar gettiing tight? Maybe I better rest for a minute.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:42:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it getting warm in here? Is anyone else's collar gettiing tight? Maybe I better rest for a minute.

Are you at least in your car on the way down here?

I've changed into something more comfortable, I've made a big pot of chili and cornbread, and the fire is lit.

Get your ass down here!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm in central Maine, and we're being pelted with hail right now.

What's next, zombies?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you at least in your car on the way down here?

I've changed into something more comfortable, I've made a big pot of chili and cornbread, and the fire is lit.

Get your ass down here!

Rodent may be flying today, but something tells me he's going to have 'mechanical' issues, and be forced to divert to Rhode Island.    Happy Landings!

Rodent you can keep the snow up north.  Nothing but rain here in Concord.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top