Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2001 10:48:43 AM EDT
I have a match tomorrow and I can't find any decent software to help me find my zeros! I'm sick of this! And I don't think it would be worth $100!!!
I'm a decent VB programmer and I've written some ballistics stuff before, but never had the algorithms for plotting trajectory.
Here's my plan: Several of us get together and write the software and make it freely available for everyone to use. Don't know how to program, fine, as long as you know the algorithms, I can translate it into VB code. I'll need people to help with writing the software and testing it too.
Who's with me? If you are, email me and tell me what you know/how you can help.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been thinking of doing something similar, but for the HP48 calculator, but also need all the equations.  I can write the algorithms in various languages once I have them.  I could write versions for the HP48 and in C under Unix.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
qwijibo,
That would be great! Perhaps you could write DLLs in C so that we could make versions to run on both Windows and Unix or distribute the DLLs for other developers to use.
Now for some algorithms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top