Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 3:31:04 PM EDT
Would you watch it?
let your children watch it?

I would watch it. No different thne watching the stuff on Tv these days except its for real.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I think PPV is the way!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t believe in the death penalty therefore I wouldn’t watch, I find it hypocritical of the US government to declare Christmas a federal holiday and then break one of the lords ten commandments by committing murder
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, however, the execution method should closely resemble how the convicts' victim died.  None of this pussy injection stuff for someone that strangled someone or blew their brains out or burned them alive.

It should match the level of violence shown the convicted persons victim  to be effectual as a deterrent.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I say make it PPV with all profits going to the victim's family.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I do not believe the state should be putting people to death unless it is willing to show it publicly.  I'm not opposed to the death penalty, but I do not think it should take place behind closed doors late at night.

I don't think it should be a prime time event, but I think there is a responsibilty to show it, on a channel akin to C-Span.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes, however, the execution method should closely resemble how the convicts' victim died. None of this pussy injection stuff for someone that strangled someone or blew their brains out or burned them alive.

It should match the level of violence shown the convicted persons victim to be effectual as a deterrent.

+1

I think PPV is great, but I think live shows might be good too.  You see we have all these light posts and telephone poles that do nothing but stand there and hold lights or wires up in the air.  Why not use them to hang criminals and make a public scene?  (Use your head for something other than a hat rack logic).  I think that would be a great crime deterrent.  We could also tie them to the metal ones and have live burnings at the stake.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#9]
No, they should not, but people should be forced to attend, much like getting selected for jury duty.
No glass screens and lethal injections either -- they have to participate by holding the victim down while his head is removed in the traditional muslim way.

Then lets see if a majority still favor the death penalty.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Absolutely!!  My kids are a little young still, but when they were of age(16 or so) they would be allowed
to see what happens to scum bags who commit hayness crimes.  I have always felt by bringing back the
public lynching, the crime rate would drop substantially

Quoted:
I don’t believe in the death penalty therefore I wouldn’t watch, I find it hypocritical of the US government to declare Christmas a federal holiday and then break one of the lords ten commandments.

Eye For An Eye.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I already saw executions on live TV....it was just over 4 years ago on a crisp September morning.

Yes, televise them....if the death penalty is kept on the books as a deterrent, it serves no purpose shrouded in secrecy. If we are going to kill people, lets do it in a way that gives would be criminals a moment of pause. The fact that we keep this stuff out of sight and out of mind contributes to capital punishment being an ineffective method of punishing crime.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No, they should not, but people should be forced to attend, much like getting selected for jury duty.
No glass screens and lethal injections either -- they have to participate by holding the victim down while his head is removed in the traditional muslim way.

I'd gladly swing the ax.

I think it should be televised!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I say use them to test future small arms ammunitions.

Everyone says this and that about 5.56 ammo, fine TEST it LIVE on TV.

Ever wonder what a .50BMG does to someone? Let's find out, bring out the rapist...

9mm vs .45? Let's go, grab the child molesters. Double taps or shoot to slide lock?

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally posted by Hylton

I don’t believe in the death penalty therefore I wouldn’t watch, I find it hypocritical of the US government to declare Christmas a federal holiday and then break one of the lords ten commandments by committing murder

That analogy doesn't hold water; the hebrew word "ratsach" translated "kill" in that version of the Bible actually means "to murder."

Furthermore, Genesis 9:5-6 states:

And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Genesis 9:5-6

Jesus (through the Apostle Paul) in the New Testament agrees with the death penalty:

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil… But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:3-4
"The sword", which the ruler doesn't bear in vain, is an instrument of death (hence its effectiveness in terrorizing evildoers).
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'd wager it would be a sellout crowd.   Families used to bring a picnic lunch to a hanging.   Society is getting  fedup of watching sick degenerates who have raped, tortured and brutally killed women and children handled with kid gloves.    

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I didn't know our .gov was suppose to follow the bible.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd gladly swing the ax.

I think it should be televised!

The job should go to one of the victim's family or close friends.

The method of execution should be similiar to the method in which the victim was murdered.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Eye For An Eye.

That is the Hammurabi code, Hammurabi was a savage.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Not televised but live in the downtown public square during lunch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I gave this question some serious thought and then voted "yes".

The current system is apparently doing little if anything to deter murder (though it's hard to count "murders not committed"), so I'm all for an experiment to see if televising them would make a difference.  Of course, this doesn't address the question of whether or not we, as a society, simply have a right to see them regardless of the effect upon crime.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

have you read the hebrew laws at all?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Like DK-Prof said, a channel like C-Span or just use C-Span, no commentary other than the sounds in the death chamber.  Leathal injection is fine, but I still like electrocution best.  For that split second the inmate knows what's happening. Let the states do it at 12:01 or what ever time they decide, I'd stay up to watch (with a bag of popcorn and a beer) or catch it on the replay a few hours later.  Death warrants usually say after midnight on the date of the warrant, so that means they have 24 hours to carry out the order.  Most just choose to do it soon as the warrant says they can start.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#24]
We see footage of executions all the time on TV.  They are not live, but how many times have you seen a nazi shoot a jew in the back of the head on the history channel?  Or the footage of Sadam's killers shooting their victoms in the head and follow up with another shot?  While I'm not for making it live on tv or ppv, but if it must be done do it and don't glorifiy it.   To show it on the evening news would be fine.   I'd have no problems making a training video to show young offenders what will happen if you continue doen the wrong path.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The method of execution should be similiar to the method in which the victim was murdered.

I disagree.  I would not allow the government to torture people like criminals.  It should be painless and fast, however, I'm not opposed to beheading, hanging, firing squad, etc.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Only if it involves the departure of the topmost parts of the individuals who bring us the dreck called tv entertainment and news.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I think you should "believe it". It happens frequently in Texas. The Governator of Kalifornia is beginning to get on a roll here! It may not serve as a deterent, but it definitely is "just" punishment.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes I would watch and I advocate it.
When a certain age is reached I would let my kids watch if they wanted.

I would use the executed as organ donors like the Chinese do.  We also need a uniform execution method too I also like the Chinese method.

GRAPHIC BELOW Warning
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]
all Muslim executions of Americans should be televised  over and over again  until the American people get fed up with their bigotry, hypocrisy, lies, cruelty and terroism tactics and we do something about them once and for all.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Sorry, but that is just absurd.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Eye For An Eye.

That is the Hammurabi code, Hammurabi was a savage.

Exodus 21:12  He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yes I would watch and I advocate it.
When a certain age is reached I would let my kids watch if they wanted.

I would use the executed as organ donors like the Chinese do.  We also need a uniform execution method too I also like the Chinese method.

GRAPHIC BELOW Warning

I hear the Chinese make the family of the executed pay for the bullets. That's a little much.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Not televised but live in the downtown public square during lunch.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top