Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 3:32:08 PM EDT
Howdy,

Please sign this petition asking the ACLU to give equal weight and recognition to the Second Amendment. The text of the petition explains both my position as well as the ACLU's and challenges them to get with the times. My goal is 250,000 signatures. Your help is sorely needed. Feel free to email the URL to your shooting buddies, post it on other forums, as appropriate, and in general, challenge people to stand up for themselves.

Petition Link

THANKS! -Rod-
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm # 246
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
how about i write another round of letters to my reps instead?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the sigs. I'm ASTOUNDED by the sheer number of people on this board. It's kinda mind-boggling. Keep those signatures coming :) -Rod-

PS...I assume that avitars are only for team members?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm #252

Edited to add, passed on to two other forums.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Dude, as an ACLU member, and good friends with some of the higher-ups in the ACLU organization, let me just tell you now that IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN !   (I'm not saying this in a confrontational or meanspirited way, but as helpful advice)

Personally, I commend your effort, and your intent is great, but you're wasting your time with the ACLU on this one.  There are just too many hippies, liberals and anti-gun folks in the ACLU to make any headway on this issue.  

Your time would be better spent trying to influence organizations that actually MIGHT care.

(also, you might want to copy-edit the petition, since there are some grammatical errors in it, and that comes across as unprofessional and makes it easier for people to dismiss you)
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:06:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like we've added about 50 signatures today. Keep up the good work...and don't let the doomsayers make up your mind for you. With enough signatures we can make the ACLU look like the bad guy in the public's eye. But that is purely up to them! -Rod-
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:09:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Pissin' in the wind, fellas. Pissin' in the wind.

You might as well be yappin' yer flapper at the doornob on your basement door.

Take the two minutes and call your US Rep and/or Senator instead.

Sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:26:45 AM EDT
[#9]
pissing in the wind, but i am 268
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm number 289
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Pissin' in the wind, fellas. Pissin' in the wind.

You might as well be yappin' yer flapper at the doornob on your basement door.

Take the two minutes and call your US Rep and/or Senator instead.

Sorry for the hijack.

Agreed, our time would be better spent if we took a few minutes to write a letter to our Rep & Senators.  Like DK-Prof said, there is no way the ACLU will ever consider the 2nd Amendment an important issue.  

Ah what the hell, I like pissing into the wind
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#12]
We're past 300. Keep em coming!

Your representative will never actually read your letter BTW. It's a checkmark on a piece of paper showing pro's and con's on an issue. That too, is pissing into the wind, but hey, the wind changes. We can piss in more than one direction . Sign on!

http://www.petitiononline.com/secamend/petition.html

-Rod-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top