Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2001 9:55:11 PM EDT
What are the steps necessary to obtain an SBR permit/license?

TIA,

Bud
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
well do you wnat to make one or buy one but the steps are the same since u live in Az like me theres no liscence/permit well atleast at the state levil

Lets say your buying a SBR
heres whats  going to happen
You get fingerprinted, get phototaken photo's and finger print card goes onto form 4 form 4 gets sent to local Chief LEO for CLEO signoff
wait wait wait Sign off gets approved Form 4 goes to BATF wait wait wait form 4 comes back approved you can pick up gun

Making a SBR is pretty much the same thing
but your using a Form 1 and have to mark the gun with your intitals and place of manufacture ie j. doe anytown az, USA

thats if if i missed anythoing someone please fill it in
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
i have some extra FBI finger print cards if you want them. email me. i work on the west side but live on the east side.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Build your own SBR on a ATF-5320.1 (Form  1)
"Application to make and register a firearm"

Buy a SBR on a  ATF-5320.4 (Form 4)
"Application for tax paid transfer" -- No I did not look at the top of my form if I mis-worded it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info fellas.

Bud
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top