Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2005 4:24:14 AM EDT
I was watching Ronin this morning for the 100th time probably and I started to think what is Vincent's (Jean Reno) background.  Any answer would be hypothetical because the movie never tells you.  I figure he uses a Beretta, maybe Italian Police or their equivilant to the CIA.  Dont forget he has that friend, the one that introduces the Ronin concept.  That friend seems to have a lot of knowledge and connections in the spy world, after all he helped them located the Irish woman, Irish man, and the ex-KGB agent.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
He is French. So I just presumed he was/is a former French Intelligence agent. But then again he could be current like DeNiro, too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Whoever he is, none of them can do an ambush to save their lives.
I almost like Bean's idea better.

The general set up of the ambush wasn't that bad. They just didn't do a very good job disabling the mark's cars.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whoever he is, none of them can do an ambush to save their lives.
I almost like Bean's idea better.

The general set up of the ambush wasn't that bad. They just didn't do a very good job disabling the mark's cars.

They had more than enough firepower too, that wasn't the problem.  Should have had two guys with the heavy stuff--one for the lead car and one to disable the other car at the scene, then a third to blast on the mark's car to try and disable it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Well his friend, where Deniro gets patched up, is/was obviously connected into the intel community
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#6]
"No questions, no answers. That's the beeznis we're in."
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to hijack, but what did you guys think of the alternate ending with deidra?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not to hijack, but what did you guys think of the alternate ending with deidra?

I figured that's why she wasn't coming to the cafe before I saw that, but preferred it without knowing for sure.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought all of the "hired muscle" were G-men but the faker..  Every one of the player's were acting as Ronin to their masters (Their governmetns or causes).  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
What's this alternate ending? My DVD doesn't have one. I don't think, haven't checked the special features in a while.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What's this alternate ending? My DVD doesn't have one. I don't think, haven't checked the special features in a while.

It should be there, my version is the $9 Wal Mart copy, and it's got it.
It shows Diedra lurking outside the cafe at th end, deciding if she wants to go in, and then all of a sudden a van drives up and a bunch of thugs throw her in, she screams, they say "want to see what happens when you betray us?" or something like that... van screeches off.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I dug my movie out about 45 min. ago and looked. It has it. I just didn't remember it.

I like not knowing what happened to her. Is she a "true" professional and would never show up? Or did something happen to her? Leaving the question hanging makes a better ending.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#14]
The ambush went wrong if I remember right.  They orginally intended on stoping the marks car earlier in the chase.  I believe the Audi was supposed to stop on the road outside of town.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Those yellow cigs were weird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top