Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 7:16:50 PM EDT
I hope I can get some “market research” feedback from women posters here at ARFCOM.    My questions (women only, please!):

1) What features make a restaurant/bar enjoyable or entertaining to you?  What do you really dislike?  

2) What kind of restaurant/bar do you visit with girlfriends?   What do you like about that place… best feature?

4)  Do you have a favorite place you & your girlfriends go to have drinks, a meal & talk?   What kind of food is served there?  

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I hope I can get some “market research” feedback from women posters here at ARFCOM.    My questions (women only, please!):

1) What features make a restaurant/bar enjoyable or entertaining to you? What do you really dislike?  I like it to be clean, well lite, food to be good and simple.

2) What kind of restaurant/bar do you visit with girlfriends?   What do you like about that place… best feature? I usually meet my friends at sports bar because they closely resemble the above feathers I like most.

4)  Do you have a favorite place you & your girlfriends go to have drinks, a meal & talk?   What kind of food is served there?  We're pretty limited out here in the sticks.  When I lived in Salem I preferred to meet a Red Robbins or Magoo's [locally owned sports bar] several of my friends preferred Red Lobster or The Olive Garden.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

1) What features make a restaurant/bar enjoyable or entertaining to you?  What do you really dislike?  

I really like a place that's clean, has great food, and good service and a nice open atmosphere (not cramped).

2) What kind of restaurant/bar do you visit with girlfriends?   What do you like about that place… best feature?

Well one of the places that I hang out at is a private club, it's kind of upscale, but not overbearingly so - they've got over 300 varieties of bear and 200 wines to choose from and since it's members only there isn't a lot of rif-raf in there.

The other, surpisingly enough is a sports bar, not because we've got any overwhelming interest in anything other than the shooting sports, but because it's near one of the ranges we shoot at, the food is great, they've got a lovely outdoor patio, and they make really good drinks. It's our favorite place to stop off after a day at the range.

4)  Do you have a favorite place you & your girlfriends go to have drinks, a meal & talk?   What kind of food is served there?  

We do this at each other's homes mostly, but if it were to be a place out, it would have to be the sports bar above that sells Burgers, steaks salads (usual american fare), but also has really good mexican food.

The other would be this really great little steak place - the atmosphere isn't exactly what we'd like (a little loud and singing/dancing waitresses, peanuts on the floor), but they have the best steak in town.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
1,2........4?  

tag for later answer
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
1,2........4?  

tag for later answer

Sorry about that, I am not a good typist... I screwed up while "cutting & pasting" my message.  I do appreciate the feedback, though.  

The reason for the questions is that while eating a a local BBQ place the other day, I noticied no women there, only guys.  It seemed like a nice place: clean, comfortable surroundings, reasonable prices, friendly staff and nice location.  I decided I would throw it to the women here for discussion and see what they had to say.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
BBQ is messy that might be why.  Good but Messy! Patty
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I like all sorts of places.  And I have no female friends.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

1) What features make a restaurant/bar enjoyable or entertaining to you?  What do you really dislike?   First of all, I don't much go to "BARS".  I will sit in the lounge area of a restaurant, but very rarely will I go to a place that just serves alcohol.  I don't like it if the tables are too close together.  I don't like it if the restaurant is dirty/dusty/has foodstains on the walls (I know this sounds like a no brainer, but look around the next time you go out).  I don't like going to restaurants that will be full of little kids.  I'm not prejudiced, I love children.  But I don't like them in restaurants that I go to.  Because of that, I go at off hours, and I go to restaurants where there "shouldn't be" children.    I also don't like a restaurant that has a menu which is as big as the constitution.  That bothers me.  There's no way a restaurant can do THAT MANY ITEMS well.  I'd rather see a more limited menu, and only serve things that they can make well.  I prefer smaller non-chain restaurants, Irish pubs, ethnic restaurants or family owned eateries, that kind of thing over a large chain restaurant.

2) What kind of restaurant/bar do you visit with girlfriends?   What do you like about that place… best feature?  See above.

4)  Do you have a favorite place you & your girlfriends go to have drinks, a meal & talk?   What kind of food is served there?   Isn't this the same question as 2?  I like pub fare, or an ethnic restaurant.  I love to try new things/cuisines.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Recipe for a happy married life.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

1.) Don't go to bars or drink much.  I like good service in a restaurant.  I mean things like not smearing the pitcher on the lip of my glass when it's refilled (or on anyone else's), an attentive but quiet waiter/waitress, good atmosphere, not a big open barn feel like a lot of restaurants seem to use (they are really noisy and cold)

2.) One where you can get a chance to visit -- as I'm not a party animals, what friends I have tend to go for a quiet place where they don't rush you out.  A really great desert menu helps.

4.) Anything from comfort foods to grilled fish; however, if I want to drink alcohol with a meal it is usually wine.  With a bi-decade splurge on marguerita.  Typically, I don't go to dinner with my girl friends.  Lunch only.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Recipe for a happy married life.

Never thought of that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top