Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 4:47:07 PM EDT
Anyone know of a reliable usenet server that allows postings and is FREE?????
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Reliable, free, read/write access...pick two.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Reliable, free, read/write access...pick two.
View Quote

Sounds like something I heard after one of the NASA screwups... On Mars, On budget, On time, Pick 2.

I could care about write access for the time being... What is free and reliable?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I'd recommend the free server run by the Deutsches Forschungs-Netz DFN (German Research Net). You'll have to sign up at their webpage (it's [red]free[/red]): [url]http://news.cis.dfn.de/en/register.html[/url]

You can [red]read and post[/red]. No binaries though, and if you ever wish to post to German groups, be very very careful what you write. They canned my ass three or four times by now. They probably won't have every group but they carry the relevant ones and are very [red]reliable[/red]. I don't need access to alt.binaries.pictures.monkeysex ;)
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
doesnt your ISP offer acess my does and its pretty decent.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditto what Kar98 said.

Usenet is a storage and bandwidth pig.  You're not likely to find anything for free that you'll be happy with (and for that matter, most of the subscription usenet services suck, too).

If you're after the alt.binaries newsgroups for free, forget about it.  You'll get crap for retention, crap for speed, and the number of missing files from multi-part posts will drive you nuts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top