Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 6:22:24 AM EDT
I've been lurking there for about a year, and I finally decided to sign up to ask some questions about the new Kimber Warrior.  A couple days later I got an email saying my registration had been declined.  No reason was given.

Anyone have any similar problems?  Are they not accepting any new members right now, or are they looking for certain types of members?

I tried to sign up using the same screen name I use here and everywhere else.  Only thing I can figure is maybe I accidentally pissed off one of the Tacticalforums admins on another site and got on a banned list, but I doubt that's the case.

Not a big deal, but it's strange since it doesn't seem to be a 'restricted' forum and I'm not a very controversial member.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
did you try signing up with the username ConnieLingus?

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#2]
We're the #1 gun site.  Anything you want to know, you can get an answer to here.  Heck with the small fries.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We're the #1 gun site.  Anything you want to know, you can get an answer to here.  

The ignorance in that statement is just incredible.

Many of the guys at TF are been-there-done-that types  with some of the 'big names' in the field (been-there-done-that types).

HKocher they have been having issues lately with idiots comming over and being disruptive.  Those guys don't fool around (which is why I like it there).  I'd agree contact MadDog and ask (politely - very politely) to reconsider.

I know at my site I've turned down people based on their choice of handle.  Only 1 has come back and asked (and I admitted that person - someone asking why is really interested is the type of person who usually makes a good contributer).
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:52:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
have you asked the admin over there 'what' went down with your app?

Yes, but I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience.  I know that some boards freeze new membership if they have serious troubles with trolls.  Maybe that's what is happening there.

Like I said, I'm not upset or mad, I'm just confused, and I hope they aren't confusing me with someone who they may have banned in the past.  If they never allow me to register, I can live with that, but I would like to know why.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I repeat:
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Many of the guys at TF are been-there-done-that types  with some of the 'big names' in the field (been-there-done-that types).

HKocher they have been having issues lately with idiots comming over and being disruptive.  Those guys don't fool around (which is why I like it there).  I'd agree contact MadDog and ask (politely - very politely) to reconsider.

I know at my site I've turned down people based on their choice of handle.  Only 1 has come back and asked (and I admitted that person - someone asking why is really interested is the type of person who usually makes a good contributer).

Forest,

Thanks, that's also why I like it there.  It's a great source for 'no-nonsense' info.  

Like I said, if I can't get in, I can live with that since I can still read the threads, but it would be nice to be able to post a question or two at times.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've been lurking there for about a year, and I finally decided to sign up to ask some questions about the new Kimber Warrior.  A couple days later I got an email saying my registration had been declined.  No reason was given.

Anyone have any similar problems?  Are they not accepting any new members right now, or are they looking for certain types of members?

I tried to sign up using the same screen name I use here and everywhere else.  Only thing I can figure is maybe I accidentally pissed off one of the Tacticalforums admins on another site and got on a banned list, but I doubt that's the case.

Not a big deal, but it's strange since it doesn't seem to be a 'restricted' forum and I'm not a very controversial member.

Well, I imagine part of your issue stems from what is going on in this thread:

http://www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-bin/tacticalubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001285

They are wanting to become more exclusive so they can keep out the drooling loosers that sometimes frequent message boards. Every now and again they get a troll that annoys everyone or starts asking for sensitive info. I don't blame them for wanting to keep those people out.

I used to be a member myself. But I got into a scrape with Pat Rogers over there over a post I put up on the expanded "protective search" powers in the New Orleans decision recently, and shortly after my ability to post new messages was removed because of a language infraction. (I used the term bad-ass, which was not allowed. I should have read the agreement more carefully, or used the term bad-a$$) They also had some techincal issues recently, so that might explain my inability to post, but gut instinct tells me that there was something else at work....

Here is the thread that got me in all the hot water:

http://www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-bin/tacticalubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001128

I did a little back and forth with Pat in e-mails about this, but gave up after a couple of messages as it was clear his mind wasn't going to change about me. I am hardly an anti-LEO zealot, as anybody who has read my posts here can attest to, but it is a free country and he can think whatever he likes about me.

TF is a place for some good information. Though I feel one must walk softly over there if they are a member. I don't walk softly enough I gues....
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like I need to get over there and straighten shit out!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sounds like I need to get over there and straighten shit out!

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't remember your post... But, it is a more serious forum than some others. You go to what board suits you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#12]
So they probably don't talk about bump firing and which accessories look the coolest.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't remember your post... But, it is a more serious forum than some others. You go to what board suits you.

I'm fully aware of that.  Obviously general discussion at ARFcom is very different from TacticalForums.  

I like to go there to good info from folks that use firearms for a living.  As much as I love THIS board, sometimes you have to weed through a lot of BS to get some good technical info.  Honestly, I intend to read more there and not post much (hell, I've been lurking there for almost a year and am just now trying to sign up).
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Tactical Forums is a great site. It's not as big as this one, but the quality of much of the information you receive there is top notch. There's very little BS there and if any shows up it's dealt with most quickly. It's worth the trouble IMO of trying to get the issue worked out. Perhaps Forest can put in a good word for you. I'd do it myself, but right now I'm having issues there myself. I was trying to change my password and something went haywire. Now I can no longer log in. I tried registering again but the password I was sent won't work. LOL. This is another good reason for not fixing what isn't broken. I'll send MadDog an email in a couple of days and see if I can get this sorted out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got this email;

"Good news!

Your recent registration application at Tactical Forums has just been approved.  You are now an authorized member of the community!
"

No problems. And, thanks to this thread I have what seems to be another excelent source of info.
Yes, seems a little more focused over there. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#16]
That place is great, I love the terminal effects forum. I've posted a grand total of probably twice. Most of the questions I have are already answered... Which is why they're probably trying to be selective about who joins now. There are wannabes on every board and that one is no exception. Even I cringe when I see "Which 9mm boolit for CCW" for the umpteenth time on a board like that!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Been there for a number of years, never had a problem. Then again, i dont recall a problem either on the many boards i frequent.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I haven't had any problems over there myself.

Maybe they are just trying to keep rif/raf out!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That place is great, I love the terminal effects forum. I've posted a grand total of probably twice. Most of the questions I have are already answered... Which is why they're probably trying to be selective about who joins now. There are wannabes on every board and that one is no exception. Even I cringe when I see "Which 9mm boolit for CCW" for the umpteenth time on a board like that!

Cause we all know that the .45 is better!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
As much as I love THIS board, sometimes you have to weed through a lot of BS to get some good technical info.  

No way!  Got any links?

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As much as I love THIS board, sometimes you have to weed through a lot of BS to get some good technical info.  

No way!  Got any links?

Here's an example, any thread that has Tacpoint in the title.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Tactical forums is a pretty awesome database of pure knowledge gained by experience. You owe it to your selves to check ou the info posted there.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#23]
So if I were to try and register with the name......"Marpat_Airsofter", I might not get in ??
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
We're the #1 gun site.  Anything you want to know, you can get an answer to here.  Heck with the small fries.

Amen Brotha
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:13:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So if I were to try and register with the name......"Marpat_Airsofter", I might not get in ??

Or P90_Fan
Or Former_DET1

The list is endless....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:22:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or P90_Fan
Or Former_DET1

The list is endless....

or SF_Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top