Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 5:56:22 AM EDT
I'm looking at a 9-month contract job doing PC configs and installs. It's not my normal gig, but being out of work for a bit has broadened my job search scope. The contracting company will make the lion's share but what's the normal/fair rate for them to pay me? $15/hr? $20/hr? More? Less?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#1]
that how i work.   i do all the work, don't get any of the pay.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Who and where?

Who is the contract company?

Where will you be working?

What kind of company are you going to be supporting?

I have made as little as $20 hr w/o benefits and as high as $45 an hour working for consulting firm.

I have also gotten as much as $225 an hour on my own consulting gig. Usually around $75 hr.

They will probably bill you out at anywhere from $33hr up.

IM me if you want with some specifics and I will see how close I can get.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Basically it's an A+cert type job. Here's the description I have. Location is Louisville, KY.

Assignment Description: This project’s scope is to replace client PC’s that are 3+ years old.  Technicians will be required to perform needs assessment, (software and hardware), PC builds, and some basic training for notebook features at the time of the install.   The technicians will also be asked to perform PC rebuilds and LCD monitor installs.

Skill Set Requirements and Capabilities: Working knowledge of Windows XP, Ethernet topology, TCP/IP protocol, and Microsoft products.  Must have excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, and be able to follow standards and procedures.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a $17-20hr gig w/o benefits.

I have done a few 2 0r 3 day deals like that.

You can get some good networking in doing this kind of gig, the getting to know people kind. You might pick up a real position through some contacts you make working it.

good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top