Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/21/2006 2:34:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:34:07 AM EDT
He throws his dirty clothes AT the clothesbasket instead of dropping them IN the clothesbasket.
I've given up and don't say much when he does it anymore. To much wasted breathe on my part.
He has other bad habits, but I'll leave it at that. And yes, I have bad habits too that he would complain about if given the chance.

Mona, get an ice maker, that's how I solved that problem.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:43:08 AM EDT
Well...umm... uhhh...

You all leave the toilet seat down

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:43:12 AM EDT
my hubby does both of those

another that drives me insane is not using the kitchen trash can--he leaves empty boxes or containers on the kitchen counter or in the sink

WTF????????
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:39:31 AM EDT
Turn him over your knee and give him a good spanking.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:42:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrsGungho:
He throws his dirty clothes AT the clothesbasket instead of dropping them IN the clothesbasket.
I've given up and don't say much when he does it anymore. To much wasted breathe on my part.
He has other bad habits, but I'll leave it at that. And yes, I have bad habits too that he would complain about if given the chance.

Our hamper is right next to the bathroom. Instead of putting his clothes in the hamper, he leaves them on the bathroom floor... so I use them to dust the bathroom floor between cleanings.

Of course, I'm the one who does the laundry, so it really doesn't matter much to him.

But it feels naughty enough when I do it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:08:28 AM EDT
I don't have any of THOSE bad habits. Anyone want to leave their hubby and come my way!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:10:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Paradude54:
I don't have any of THOSE bad habits. Anyone want to leave their hubby and come my way!

Tease
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:18:28 AM EDT
What?

Ice in trays, whats that?

Clothes basket? WTH is that?

Toilet seats can go DOWN?

I guess I live a sheltered life...

See in my house, if I want ice, I go get ice, and if the "tray" is empty, it is my dang fault, so I fill the dang trays.....or dont use any ice, I do that to....

Clothes in a basket, HARRUUMMPPPHHHHHH, clothes get piled on the floor in my bedrooom till I do laundry...

Toilets seats stay up, unless needed otherways...

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:48:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 11:50:28 AM EDT by jadams951]

Originally Posted By Persephone:

Our hamper is right next to the bathroom. Instead of putting his clothes in the hamper, he leaves them on the bathroom floor... so I use them to dust the bathroom floor between cleanings.

Of course, I'm the one who does the laundry, so it really doesn't matter much to him.

Oh you are such a bad girl

On that note. I just finished moving in all my stuff into a new house with the GF yesterday. Sorry ladies that means you are pretty much out of luck! Anyways I can't put shit up with out her bitching. The gun safe takes up too much room in the closet. It smells funny. My ammo cans look like crap...etc, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:53:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:22:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:
Read Lysistrata..the uncut version of a story/play written B.C...

It explains that women can run things, and how they do it.

Hey now don't be filling these ladies heads with falsehoods.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 1:18:22 PM EDT by PlaymoreMinds]

A Role I was meant to play.....

FTR: I really have no peeves about Mr. Playmore in the co-habitation department...he's pretty good about stuff...My biggest complaint is that he rides the Deere more than....nevermind....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:41:04 PM EDT
I don't have any complaints either, mine cooks and cleans. Toilet seat stays down too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:45:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

A Role I was meant to play.....

FTR: I really have no peeves about Mr. Playmore in the co-habitation department...he's pretty good about stuff...My biggest complaint is that he rides the Deere more than....nevermind....

reminds of a time I was complaining because as a stay home Mom I don't earn a paycheck and I feel guilty sometimes for taking money he earned and getting myself something. Hubby looked at me in all seriousness and said "I pay you in inches." I responded, "Like I said, I don't get paid."
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:23:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:31:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:37:48 AM EDT
It's the opposite in our house (my wife was the slob...now, she is much better).

You have to train your man just like a dog. Be kind, but set some ground rules, and stick to them. An example: "Honey, any clothes that don't make it into the baasket don't get washed." And, then don't.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:13:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Persephone:

Sweetie, naughty would be doing that, not washing them, and then putting them back into his dresser.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:48:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SP1Grrl:
Why is it that whenever the Mr. actually lifts a finger to help out around here, he holds it over my head for the next several months?

Me: "Honey, will you help me clean up the mess you made?"
Him: <shiny voice> "But, but...I unloaded the dishwasher in May!"

Heheheh! That's why I'm not allowed to go grocery shopping.

Mrs. GT "So, what'd ya get?"

Me "Uh, some food and beer and ammo."

Mrs GT looking at the 2 cases of beer, 7 lbs of steak, quart of milk, boxes of twinkies, ding dongs, and bags of pretzels and then observing the 10 boxes of WWB in .45 : "So, how much did you spend?"

Me "I didn't even look--I just swiped the card...."

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:55:38 AM EDT
ROFLMAO :)
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:31:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:02:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mona:

Yeah,mine does that too. A friend of mine told me to not wash his clothes that are on the floor next to the hamper. she said that whn he doesn't have any clean clothes to wear. that he'll start putting them in the hamper. But then again,TBS can be just as stubborn as me!

Mona

I've tried not washing the clothes next to the hamper, so he leaves them lay there until he has none left or it's wash day and picks them all up at once. I guess that was his way of doing what he wants and what I want.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:34:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:13:19 AM EDT

Yeah,mine does that too. A friend of mine told me to not wash his clothes that are on the floor next to the hamper. she said that whn he doesn't have any clean clothes to wear. that he'll start putting them in the hamper. But then again,TBS can be just as stubborn as me!

Mona

Yeah, I tried that, too. It didn't go as planned: Let me preface this story with fact that the Mr. has more clothing than most women. I had told him that I was more than happy to do his laundry, but that I was not going to pick it all up from various places around the house in order to get it washed. If he could not be grown up enough to pick up his laundry and put it in a hamper, then I wasn't going to clean it for him. Laundry in the hamper at the end of the week gets washed. Nothing else. Period.

"Ok, honey!"

Every week I checked the hamper in his closet, and every week it was empty. Enter 'The Battle of the Wills'. It became a matter of pride for both of us not to buckle. This lasted for 8 months. Yes, boys and girls, 8 months. No laundry done unless he did it himself. All of our friends had a pool going to see who would give in first. He would sneak in and do a quick load while I wasn't there. You couldn't even see the bottom of his closet, but the one empty spot in the whole knee-deep clothing sensation was yes, you guessed it, the hamper. I won that battle, and if you go in and look in his closet right now, it's currently on it's way to that previous state of disarray. And yes, the hamper's clean. No lesson learned here...

I think I'll go do a load of MY laundry...

Who won the pool and how much moolah we talking?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:55:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:22:11 AM EDT
W00T!

It was the opposite in the kk7sm household back when kk7sm was still married.

I'd go in the freezer and find empty ice trays. I'd come home from work and have to wash the dishes before I could get a glass of water because she'd spend the day watching TV or playing on the computer and filling the sink with dishes. I had to wear shoes around the house because the floor was often littered with unpredictable and sharp objects.

I think it's just a matter of the individual in question, but since we spend so much time living with members of the opposite sex (except in the case of roommates or ghey), we attribute those characteristics to the members of the opposite sex.

Cheers,

kk7sm

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:41:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Paradude54:

how much do you make?

My hubby isn't too bad on those accounts. He also washes dishes, cleans toliets, washes clothes and vaccums. I can't complain.

Patty
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:43:27 AM EDT

Who won the pool and how much moolah we talking?

Nobody, we outlasted them all.

Wuv...twoo wuv................
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:00:53 AM EDT
Mine isn't too bad about most stuff. He doesn't do much to help around the house, but at least his clothes land in the laundry basket most of the time, he hangs his towels up, etc. He is prone to leaving clutter around sometimes, but isn't a slob. He takes the trash out once in awhile, or will do the dinner dishes, though not often. The thing that drives me nuts the most, is his habit of blowing his nose in the shower. YEACH! I don't care to run a tub for a nice hot bath and find "floaties". I bitched him out for that one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:43:02 AM EDT
let's see..want a list?

Ice cube trays..just leaves them empty in the freezer.

Bath mat, stays on the bathroom floor with the shower curtain left open to the side after he showers.

He uses my stuff when he runs out of his and doesn't tell me. So it's gone when I go to use it.

Uses my good tweezers to perform surgery on in-grown toenails.

Takes his socks off and leaves them in a heap wherever they fall, the kitchen, the living room, etc.

Goes through more laundry in a week than a teenage girl. WTF???

sigh. I could go on and on.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:23:38 PM EDT

I do my own laundry because when she does it, something either shrinks or turns pink.

She used to pull the ice tray trick, and worse....She'd take a cube or 2 outta the tray and then move that tray to the middle of the stack so I wouldn't see it.

In her mind, doing dishes means loading the dishwasher, letting it run, and then using everything that's in there before loading it again. Unload the dishwasher?? NEVER!!

My personal favorite is the used kleenex I find in the couch, recliner, under her pillow, in her pockets, in her purse and just about anywhere else you can think of.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:32:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ironoxbows:
My personal favorite is the used kleenex I find in the couch, recliner, under her pillow, in her pockets, in her purse and just about anywhere else you can think of.

OMG

That reminds me. When the ex- moved out, I had to clean up her bedroom and bathroom. I was seriously browsing the industrial safety catalog at work for supplies. The carpet had changed color due to the hair all in it and there was crud stuck to everything in the bathroom. I found a bunch of old used tissues stuffed down behind the headboard of the bed.

I'm not Mr. Clean, but wow.

But I draw the line at dusting. I hate to dust. I'm happy vacuuming, doing my own laundry, doing the lawn, but that dusting, that's got to go.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:07:52 PM EDT
While you complain about all his bad habits, I could list some "rants" about my wife, and women in general, but I don't. It serves no purpose except to ire others. I don't play petty "who's gunna win the face-off." I figure that my habits are just as bad as hers, and if I ignore hers, and she ignores mine, we come out about even. She complains about mine, but never really thought that she had any until one night I calmly listed all of her bad habits that I founda annoying, and after that we have never really had the "bat habit" fight. Sometimes you have to realize that perfection isn't something that can be achieved, and as long as neithor of you are doing things that are really bad (having to use a shovel to clear a path to the door in case of a fire, etc), then nagging, complaining, and having a "face-off" because you don't want to do something usually end in two even more upset people. Not empting the ice cube tray is not really a bad enough sin to be having a fight over.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:10:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 2:15:34 PM EDT by Wolf_Warrior]

Okay,why is it that men can't dump the ice in the ice container in the freezer? The_Beer_Slayer will crack an ice tray to get ice when the container for the ice is empty and instead of dumping the rest of the ice cubes into the ice container,he just leaves it in the ice tray and doesn't fill it up or anything. It totally drives me insane. I think he does it on purpose.

My wife does exactly what The_Beer_Slayer does. After all these years, I just live with it. She makes up for it in other ways.

I know men have pet peeves when it comes to women. But men are just as bad. Don't you think?

No, no...women are MUCH worse.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:40:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 5:41:39 PM EDT by ErinGirl]
LOL...I'm pretty much a clean freak BUT all of us leave our trail in one way or another. I tend to forget about and/or leave dryer sheets in darndest places...like the sleeves of his shirt. :) I leave Q-tips around (even when I swear I threw it away!) and I take the cap off my water bottle and put it???????? He always finds them, all of them.

Oh, so what!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:11:15 PM EDT
Mine doesn't understand why our son and I enjoy throwing our dirty clothes from the hall in an attempt to make them drop right to the bottom of the stairs. Sometimes they only make it to the kitchen floor, but we always go throw them the rest of the way.

She just hates being in the living room and seeing dirty clothes flying through the kitchen.

Right now I'm trying to decide where to put in a laundry chute, thereby making everyone happy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:38:33 PM EDT
Never seen a man leave his bras hanging on the door knob.

We all have our issues.

BTW, I'm perfect.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:13:24 AM EDT

Why is it that whenever the Mr. actually lifts a finger to help out around here, he holds it over my head for the next several months?

Me: "Honey, will you help me clean up the mess you made?"
Him: <shiny voice> "But, but...I unloaded the dishwasher in May!"

My wife complains about the same thing ... I guess we just get proud of ourselves
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:30:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:08:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:

We all have our issues.

BTW, I'm perfect.

Aren't bras those things you're supposed to burn????

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:47:27 AM EDT

We all have our issues.

BTW, I'm perfect.

Sometimes when we're shopping I put one on top of my head and start singing M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:22:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GoGop:

We all have our issues.

BTW, I'm perfect.

Sometimes when we're shopping I put one on top of my head and start singing M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.

And Mrs GoGop still lets you out of the house?????

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:51:21 PM EDT

We all have our issues.

BTW, I'm perfect.

i will admit to being pwned on that one
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:58:25 PM EDT
I’m pretty good about most things, but there’s one area I screw up just about daily. My wife has two towel racks in the kitchen, one to dry your hands after washing and the other for drying off dishes. We’ve been together for 19 years and I still get caught drying my hands on the dish towel. It’s some kind of mental block or something.

Of course I just tell her "A man's got to do what a man's got to do". That always cracks her up and she can't stay mad when she's laughing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:34:45 PM EDT

We all have our issues.

BTW, I'm perfect.

At least we have enough sense to put it on the doorknob and keep it off the floor. Men just walk right out of whatever they are wearing...leaving a trail to the shower or a pile in the bathroom never to be picked up until "guess who" picks it up for them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:27:55 PM EDT
I dunno, last night I just about killed myself going into the spare bedroom where my wife had left her assorted 100 pairs of shoes strewn about on the floor from trying to pick a pair to wear. I think that's more dangerous than leaving a shirt an pants. BTW.. I have 3 pairs of shoes. My boots, sandals, and a pair of running shoes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:21:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GoGop:

We all have our issues.

BTW, I'm perfect.

And Mrs GoGop still lets you out of the house?????

Yeah, but most of the time right after we go through the doors into the store she'll tell me to go look at stuff while she shops and we'll meet up later.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:38:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoppy:
I’m pretty good about most things, but there’s one area I screw up just about daily. My wife has two towel racks in the kitchen, one to dry your hands after washing and the other for drying off dishes. We’ve been together for 19 years and I still get caught drying my hands on the dish towel. It’s some kind of mental block or something.

Of course I just tell her "A man's got to do what a man's got to do". That always cracks her up and she can't stay mad when she's laughing.

If this is the worst thing you do, boy, you deserve a great big virtual pat on the back. I'm serious. Why even get upset about something so trivial? Don't sweat the small stuff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:07:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fla556guy:
While you complain about all his bad habits, I could list some "rants" about my wife, and women in general, but I don't. It serves no purpose except to ire others. I don't play petty "who's gunna win the face-off." I figure that my habits are just as bad as hers, and if I ignore hers, and she ignores mine, we come out about even. She complains about mine, but never really thought that she had any until one night I calmly listed all of her bad habits that I founda annoying, and after that we have never really had the "bat habit" fight. Sometimes you have to realize that perfection isn't something that can be achieved, and as long as neithor of you are doing things that are really bad (having to use a shovel to clear a path to the door in case of a fire, etc), then nagging, complaining, and having a "face-off" because you don't want to do something usually end in two even more upset people. Not empting the ice cube tray is not really a bad enough sin to be having a fight over.

Never said we fight about it, in fact, he doesn't even know these things bother me. They do, but not enough to even mention it. I accept it as part of who he is. I'm sure I have things that bug him. For the amount of time we get to spend together, it's really and truly not worth spending even a minute of that time arguing about petty crap.

This IS the women shooters forum, and this is where we can freely bitch.

Did you NOT see the sign above the door when ya sauntered in with your high and mightiness?

j/k.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:17:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:
my hubby does both of those

another that drives me insane is not using the kitchen trash can--he leaves empty boxes or containers on the kitchen counter or in the sink

WTF????????

If we didn't have an automatic ice maker, I'd be guilty of all the above. I am a woman and a slob. <BURP> <SCRATCH> Oh, I get around to throwing that empty milk carton away before the day is up, but that man I married sometimes gets to it first. <GRRRRRRR> It isn't hateful... it's just that I'm usually onto so many things at once that I forget, no excuses... just a true confession.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top