Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2001 4:08:17 PM EDT
I was doing a traffic stop. Asked driver for her license and registration. Go back to the patrol car to run the name and I start laughing like mad...her first name was "Latrine"!

What the hell were her parents thinking? She received a warn and admonish, she's already had a tough life.[whacko]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
funny as hell. was probably a typo at birth, much like Oprah.

I was out to lunch with a buddy the other day, had this really hot waitress ...turns out her name was Vienna...like the sausage.... and of course we talk to her about it...turns out she's a vegetarian.... so of course my buddy and I leave the restaurant singing "she don't eat meat but she sure likes the bone."

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
How can anyone do that to their children??? And they say that life in the wilderness can be cruel and unforgiving.......
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I see you haven't met Lavoris and Listerene Coleman yet...
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I ask everyone to spell their name now. I have seen names as common as Amber spelled a half dozen different ways.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I was taking a domestic battery report from a very drunken woman one night.  Filling out the suspect's info:
Me: color eyes?
Her: blue
Me: color hair?
Her: Brown
Me: how long is it?
Her: That's awful personal, I don't thing he's ever measured it.
Me: HIS HAIR!
Her: Oh, bout shoulder length.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a conservation officer and just for kicks during a slow season I was riding one night with a county deputy. We were going to serve a warrant and the deputy looks at me and says, "Don't laugh at this guys name. He's pretty sensitive about it." I said, "Ok, whatever...what's his name?" He hands me the warrant and right there, in black and white was...A-S-S-H-O-L-E! It was pronounced "uh-shol-ee" His mother ought to be in jail!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#9]
  Met a few "James Bonds". Even a "Marilyn Monroe". But the best one was a kid in Jersey who named his newborn son....Fonzie!!    It WAS the seventies!

FN
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was doing a traffic stop. Asked driver for her license and registration. Go back to the patrol car to run the name and I start laughing like mad...her first name was "Latrine"!

What the hell were her parents thinking? She received a warn and admonish, she's already had a tough life.[whacko]
View Quote

Not quite as verifiable - but a friend's father worked in a hospital in VA near DC and was involved in processing birth certifiates when he noticed what he assumed to be a rather unfortunate misspelling of the name "Virginia."

When he confronted the mother about the "misspelling," however, she did not waver.

"No, I know how to spell it, and it's spelled V-a-g-i-n-a. And that's what I want to name her. I just think it sounds nice."

Link Posted: 12/24/2001 3:01:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top