Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2003 7:40:41 PM EDT
MY girlfriend thought it was cute to invite this stray kitten, maybe 3 months old at the most, into the house. It had a little to eat and drink and is now curled up in the corner refusing to come out, move, shit, piss, eat, meow or do anything but stare at me.

I can go up to it and pet it, but as soon as I tough it it gets tense, obviously scared.

Whats the best way to break the cat and have it come out and do something outher then lie there. Give it time or keep on petting it/doing stuff with it?

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a cat thats about all they do [;)] sersusly thu give it time. And I really suggest taking it to a veternarion and get it checked out since it was stray.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Try to get him to eat and drink, and eventually he'll be your best friend..

;)

At least at feeding time, and when he feels like it. Gotta love cats..
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Matter of fact I know just what to do....

Next time the cat poops any where other than the litter box take it out shooting..

Problem solved.

[white] season with salt and pepper to taste[/white]

SGtar15
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot at it, that'll make it move!  [:D]

I don't like animals except the ones I eat and that cat will start clawing/ripping up everything soon Plus it's probably not house broken yet so it'll piss and shit all over the place. I'd kick it out, or take it to the humane society.

Tell your girlfriend you opened the door and it ran away. It's life aint worth the cost of all your furniture, carpet, and anything else it can get like coats hanging from chairs exc. exc.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whats the best way to break the cat and stuff it? Thanks
View Quote

To break the cat you just need to hit it very hard with a heavy object.  To stuff it you may need a Taxidermist, but they usualy won't do pets.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are serious on keeping the cat I will try to help.  First and foremost the cat is scared out if it's mind right now.  The best thing is to leave it alone ie don't mess with.   It will come around on its own terms.  Do keep an eye on it though.  I must warn you that you should prepare yourself for cleaning up the animals droppings.  At this time it will not go into a litter box.  It MAY but if it was truely a feral or stray,it will not.  Leave food and water available!  If it came into your home at all it shows that it must trust your significant other.  Ferals usually run if you try to get near them.  Since the animal is quite young I believe that you can break it of any outdoor habits it may have developed.  My neighbors and I are an unofficial rescue organization for strays/ferals in my neighborhood.  We feed them and look after them. Our ratio is 6 saves with 4 losses which incluse two we hand fed every two hours!  Feel free to contact me if you like.  I would recommend a trip to the vet if you plan on keeping it within the week.  I hope that you do!  Best of luck Darogue1
________

Member ASPCA & USHS
Unoffical "president" of unofficial Mohnton Cat Rescue
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whats the best way to break the cat and stuff it? Thanks
View Quote

To break the cat you just need to hit it very hard with a heavy object.  To stuff it you may need a Taxidermist, but they usualy won't do pets.
View Quote

Now, now, he said the [b]best[/b] way to break the cat. [deleted]
[/deleted]

Love the cat as it is one of Mother Earth's animals and should enjoy the same rights extended to all humans under the Constitution of The United States of America. If you open your heart you will see that the problem was not the kitten, but the lack of understanding and fear in your heart. Open you heart and you can defeat the hate, remember - only light can destroy darkness.

That is my advice. [}:D]

*Edited because I have seen the light. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
"PULL!"  

[size=6]"REA[/size=6][size=5]AOOO[/size=5][size=4]OOOO[size=4][size=3]OWW[/size=3][size=2]WWWW[/size=2]WWW"

[size=6]BANG![/size=6][frag]

Clear enough?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#10]
[b]cat[/b]apult?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]
give it time, strays usually take awhile to start to trust ppl.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Just put a pile of catnip under its nose , and give it a few minutes to start feeling doped up. That should get it moving about.

<^-^> MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEOOOOOOooooOoOOoOwWWwWwWww..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top