Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 9:27:02 AM EDT
When the queen was dragged to the bottom of the sea, was she killed or put into some sort of suspended animation like in the begining of the film as a plot hole for another sequal?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When the queen was dragged to the bottom of the sea, was she killed or put into some sort of suspended animation like in the begining of the film as a plot hole for another sequal?

God let's hope not.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
i think she drowned...  I dunno, that flick wsan't that bad. Could've been a lot better though...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God let's hope not.

Blasfiemer.

You shall be the first offering to the next Alien harvest.

(The author of this post is not resposeble for the spelling)
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You smelling a sequel?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You smelling a sequel?

Wishful thinking.  And I hope I'm right .

And I just watch my DVD copy of it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You smelling a sequel?

I don't think that's a sequel.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God let's hope not.

Blasfiemer.

Sorry.  I grew up with the books and Dark Horse comics renditions of this theme. The movie just totally screwed the pooch, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I enjoyed it, but haven't heard a whisper yet......
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, the predator hatching the alien was the sequel spot.  I'm sure the queen will have something to do with it, of course.

Remember the last Alien, where the aliens learned to breed using human DNA and created that ugly little mother fucker.  It just wasn't enough to warrant a sequel, hence they played that into te AVP to leave openings.

But no, you can't drown an alien, because they do not survive on oxygen.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God let's hope not.

Blasfiemer.

Sorry.  I grew up with the books and Dark Horse comics renditions of this theme. The movie just totally screwed the pooch, IMO.

oh come on, if you limit your knowlage base to just the games, they did a decent job.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#11]
You would think the scene with the hybrid chestburster would be enough of an open-end for a sequel- but NOOOOO, you have to go on with the Alien queen.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, the predator hatching the alien was the sequel spot.  I'm sure the queen will have something to do with it, of course.

Remember the last Alien, where the aliens learned to breed using human DNA and created that ugly little mother fucker.  It just wasn't enough to warrant a sequel, hence they played that into te AVP to leave openings.

I know that.  But what about the cold and or the sea presure? Would that have an effect, or just put it into some sort of slumber like in the begining of the film?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#13]
At first I hated the movie.

I have since seen it a couple more times.

I have come to the conclusion that it is in the same vein as "Sniper"----CRAPTASTIC!!

I now like it better.

I sorta hope they do a sequel.....

Remember, one of the Predators "birthed" one of the Aliens on the Predator ship......
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I liked it demmit.  I've always been an Aliens fan.

The hybrid should prove quite interesting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You would think the scene with the hybrid chestburster would be enough of an open-end for a sequel- but NOOOOO, you have to go on with the Alien queen.

Well with the queen and the chest burster they have 2 paths to take
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#16]
She'll be back.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
She'll be back.

Now here's the real question:

Will Lance Henriksen have slipped far enough into financial decline to appear in yet another Alien themed film, as some new, eccentric character?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that.  But what about the cold and or the sea presure? Would that have an effect, or just put it into some sort of slumber like in the begining of the film?

She was frozen solid for stasis in the beginning.  But you can't freeze solid anything in water that is not ice.  As for the pressure, it was just right there off shore - couldn't have been so deep that the pressure imploded the exo-skeleton.

OTOH, the chains holding her are suseptable to corrosion, which could degrade to the point she could break the chains.  

Trust me, the queen is like my ex wife:  damn bitch will never die and just keep breeding while pissing off all the other races.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They survive the vacuum of space so I don't think extreme cold or extreme pressures would affect them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She was frozen solid for stasis in the beginning.  But you can't freeze solid anything in water that is not ice.  As for the pressure, it was just right there off shore - couldn't have been so deep that the pressure imploded the exo-skeleton.

OTOH, the chains holding her are suseptable to corrosion, which could degrade to the point she could break the chains.  

Trust me, the queen is like my ex wife:  damn bitch will never die and just keep breeding while pissing off all the other races.  

Nope--they were at the edge of an ice shelf--probably 2 or 3 miles from land. That's what cracked me up about the location of the pyramid--it wouldn't have been built anywhere NEAR the edge of the ice shelf--ice will melt if you push on it--that's how ice skates work...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I am sure the Libtards in Hollywood will find some way to implicate Halliburton/Dick Cheney/W when they attempt to drill for oil offshore and find the queen.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#22]
The sequel would begin where the alien pops out of that Predator who was aboard the Predator ship.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Could Steven Segal destroy the Queen?  Or is this best left for Chuck Norris?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Could Steven Segal destroy the Queen?  Or is this best left for Chuck Norris?  

Sorry, only Sigourne Weaver can do that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#25]
All I have to say is,

15 mins from a face hugger to a full grown alien
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Is anyone else suprised it took this long to become a topic.  The first time I saw it I wa thinking this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

errr...are you talking about alien: resurrection?  if so, the aliens didn't learn anything.  that was a company project that got screwed up.  the resulting queen was an abberation, and the offspring was a 2nd-gen error.

ripley finally returning to earth was a big, big setup for sequel.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

errr...are you talking about alien: resurrection?  if so, the aliens didn't learn anything.  that was a company project that got screwed up.  the resulting queen was an abberation, and the offspring was a 2nd-gen error.

ripley finally returning to earth was a big, big setup for sequel.

Ahhh, good point!  The company trying to get er done?  And yes, it was ressurection.  I'm watching Alien 3 right now!    Ressurection is on next - FX
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Weyland should have survived it though, since he could then start the corporate directives that a few hundred years later lead Weyland Yutani to be so obsessed with get an alien back alive for study and weaponization
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't wait to see the carnage caused by the Pred-Alien.

The problem is that it was born on a ship full of BLOODTHIRSTY PREDATORS!!!!!

How long could the little sonofabitch last?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I can't wait to see the carnage caused by the Pred-Alien.

The problem is that it was born on a ship full of BLOODTHIRSTY PREDATORS!!!!!

How long could the little sonofabitch last?

87 minutes?

Thats if they toy with it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
All I have to say is,

15 mins from a face hugger to a full grown alien

<lib>It's all that growth hormone we keep feeding our cattle and chickens that our children eat in turn.</lib>
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If you're thinking of the fourth movie with Sigourney Weaver in it, it wasn't the aliens that bred that thing, it was humans who cloned it from the Rippley's remains from the third movie. The alien DNA they found (Rippley had a queen chest burster in her at the end of the third movie) had been contaminated with Rippley's DNA, so the clone was a hybrid human/alien.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top