Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2001 6:39:35 PM EDT
I live in Cali. and advertised some rifles and mags for sale.  I got a call from a guy in Cali. who said he wanted to buy them.  I told him I couldnt sell the mags or AR lower in Cali.  He replied back that he was a LEO and would send me a letter or if I felt better I could ship to Nevada.  I thought that LEOs could buy new stuff pretty reasonable.  I feel kind of uneasy about selling to this guy.  You guys think I am being paranoid?
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You're right, you can't. You have to use an FFL with a CA AW and/or Hi-Cap license to do a transfer and he will confirm the other guy is legit. Being a CA resident you legally can't sell to ANYONE without using the CA FFL with appropriate state endorsements. Unless you take them out of state yourself first.

Look at the CA DOJ web site:
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/

Sucks Huh?

Certainly if you sell the lower be sure the CA DOJ is notified that you sold your registered AW lower.

Does sound fishy, your "LEO" should be able to get them cheaper elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thx Troy, did not know about the advertising part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top