Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/9/2001 12:14:49 PM EDT
I've seen alot of threads here about how many post someone has. My question is why do people care about their # of post? Does a higher # of posts make you more intelligent? I doubt it. Maybe more informed. This is a very cool site, but I certainly don't go out of my way to increase my # of posts. Someone who does really needs to get a life. [;D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:22:22 PM EDT
Its not about the number of posts, its about the NOMBER of posts. Ha ha!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:30:42 PM EDT
I'm one of those people who [b]HAD[/b] a lot of posts... I had over 2400+ posts from the old board... were you on the old board? I care... when I hit 1000 after a year and then a year later 2000 posts, it was kinda cool to reflect back upon that year, upon the friends I made on AR15.com and the time I spend here... When I posted on my millenial turning point(s), I stated that having a large number of posts by NO means makes me an expert on AR's or anything, just shows that I have more time to goof off at work... BUT, I lost all those posts when the NEW board was made... keeping a rolling post counter is kind of cool, it just shows how involved and active someone is with this board. This is only my opinion, but when I see people with large number of posts and people like (I knew them before some of them were moderators) DonR, Anti-Ussa, Kuiper, or CMOS make a comment about something in a Serious thread (not a joke or everyday rant) I pay a little more attention to what they have to say because I have come to know a little about how they think and they are some of the founding members of AR15 and have actively participated for a length of time and I respect what they have to say. I guess, arrogantly, I wanted my 2400+ posts back in hopes that I too might gain some respect from others when I have something serious to say... oh well. M.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:44:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/9/2001 12:40:56 PM EDT by 7]
Post #'s mean NOTHING. [edited to say, not exactly true. A high post # means one has no life] Probably a high percentage of [b]most[/b] people's posts is stuff like... BTT [:D] doh . The thread on adding posts to make yourself a senior member. etc. Maybe AR15 should start charging 2 cents a post. [;)] [EDITED AGAIN TO SAY, GOATBOY, you need to re-fix the time [b]again[/b] Look at the time this post was created and the time of my edit.]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:46:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/9/2001 12:41:23 PM EDT by platform389]
Maybe AR15 should start charging 2 cents a post. [;)]
View Quote
Another great idea...Not.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:48:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By platform389:
Maybe AR15 should start charging 2 cents a post. [;)]
View Quote
Another great idea...Not.
View Quote
ROFL... Ya, I wouldn't like it either. Yup, another dumb post my myself. Lastly, Judge users by their content on what they say, not by post #'s.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:52:37 PM EDT
I am still trying to understand why Uncle has this topic up twice?[>:/]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:54:11 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:55:30 PM EDT
Could have just edited the original and corrected the spelling there... +1 [:D] Don Out
Top Top