Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 6:33:22 PM EDT
Can each state erect a fence or wall on the border?

Yes I know that's the feds job, but can they?

I would think the tax payers of Cali, AZ, NW and Texas would actually go for it.

What say you?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Can each state erect a fence or wall on the border?

Yes I know that's the feds job, but can they?

I would think the tax payers of Cali, AZ, NM and Texas would actually go for it.

What say you?

Sgat1r5

Fixed, but yes.

I don't know about 90% of the Kalifornians but everyone else.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a firm believer in states rights......
but not the devil..
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I heard the issue was on the table but the federal government had to grant permission.  So far, it looks like Florida will be the only one to receive the 'OK' to put up a fence.  

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I heard the issue was on the table but the federal government had to grant permission.  So far, it looks like Florida will be the only one to receive the 'OK' to put up a fence.  

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Sgat1r5

thosed damned Haitian and Cubanos....always washing up on shore..
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Sgat1r5

Fence? What fence?  Florida is surrounded by water on 3 sides.  It'll be a PIA to put up a fence that can hold up in the ocean.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't how awesome a wall you could build that would prevent people from getting over, through or under it, personally.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Ceramic is all over the Border threads, hope eveyone plays nice in this one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't how awesome a wall you could build that would prevent people from getting over, through or under it, personally.

It's not only a wall but also armed and vigilant guards.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Double rows of electrified chain link with razor wire would cut the numbers down considerably.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
We could electrify the fencehinking.gifhinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would likely make the difference!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup..every 1000 feet build a tower.

That area is pretty flat over all.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup..every 1000 feet build a tower.

That area is pretty flat over all.

SGatr15

I wonder if the money spent towards Iraq could have been spent to build this defense system?

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It looks like everyone's sense of humor got outsourced.  

I got it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Perhaps if Americans were crossing the border into Mexico illegally the Feds would consider putting up a wall.  You guys have to remember,  that our Mexican brothers are here for the jobs that we don't want and are too scared to do.  Real Americans don't do work that requires sweat. I don't like the wall idea,  too many ways to get past a wall.  Like I said in one of the other 100 border security threads:  Cobra Gunships with free reign will make them reconsider coming here illegally.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Worked to keep the Mongols out of China.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say build a maginot line, but make it go across the whole  border so they cant just blitzkrieg around it
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There have been some significant technological advances since that time period.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There have been some significant technological advances since that time period.

Yeah like 50cal machine guns and land mines.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I wonder if the money spent towards Iraq could have been spent to build this defense system?

Your state...YOU pay for it.

I'll pay for my state.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Cobalt 60 is your friend in keeping illegals out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top