Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:14:42 PM EDT
So I was talking to one of my soilders the other day and he mentioned that in GA you are allowed to have an open container in a vehicle, driving, as long as the driver in not drinking or will/has not. Is this true? I have heard the same from a few different people, just curious.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:17:13 PM EDT
definately not true... I have a few friends who have been busted for open container violations while riding as passengers
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:18:52 PM EDT
Tag. For GA info.

In AL? No, no.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:21:09 PM EDT
no... anyone has an open alcoholic beverage and the driver gets pulled over you get a ticket. in atlanta if you are out on the street with what APPEARS to be a mixed drink.. say coming out of a bar, you can be arrested and taken to jail. this has happened to some college students in atlanta. go in on a friday night. takes so long to get processed you don't make your phone call till sunday afternoon....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:21:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 4:24:54 PM EDT by five2one]

Originally Posted By Sd_Kfz_182:
So I was talking to one of my soilders the other day and he mentioned that in GA you are allowed to have an open container in a vehicle, driving, as long as the driver in not drinking or will/has not. Is this true? I have heard the same from a few different people, just curious.

This is a local ordinance thing. You can have plastic containers of alcohol open in the historic district in Savannah GA, but not elsewhere. Its nice when you're just hanging out downtown and/or doing some bar hopping. No glass bottles and only one cup at a time. I don't know about other cities.

eta: whoops I just reread the originalpost. This does not apply to driving --only walking around.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:27:14 PM EDT
I guess you mean River Street? (I hope)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:39:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sd_Kfz_182:
I guess you mean River Street? (I hope)

The to-go-cup area is actually larger than just river street. I think its most of the bonafide historic area. I'd have to check the map to be sure.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:41:21 PM EDT
I think laws that prohibit open containers in vehicles are a large load of bullshit.
Top Top