Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:20:48 PM EDT
First off, Mods, please don't lock this. I know we aren't supposed to post about bodily functions, and I will get a lot of sarcastic replies, but this is a real problem I'm having. That being said, if you still feel you need to lock it, I won't be offended.

For the last week or so, I've been having problems with going number 2. I wouldn't call it loose, but it's not firm. I'm going 2-5 times a day. Pretty much when I get up and after every meal. I have been under a lot of stress, but other than that, life is as usuall. Would stress do this? What can I do to help the problem? The stress isn't going away anytime soon and some of you that have seen my recent posts know what the stressful thing is. Your help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Try taking fiber
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Try taking fiber

Wouldn't that cause me to go even more?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
jesus dude

eat less fiber or something.  we really need a "medical help" forum, all these posts are getting ridiculous..... pretty soon someone's going to be posting pictures of their genitals asking the arfcom docs if that nasty rash is an STD or just dry skin.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
jesus dude

eat less fiber or something.  we really need a "medical help" forum, all these posts are getting ridiculous..... pretty soon someone's going to be posting pictures of their genitals asking the arfcom docs if that nasty rash is an STD or just dry skin.

Don't worry. I won't include pics.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#6]

and after every meal

Same thing happened to me in 2003 and my gall bladder was the culprit.

Might be time to go see the doc.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I've talked about bodily functions many times here.  I would not sweat it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
IBD, crohn's, or Ulcerative colitis all have similar symptoms
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

and after every meal

Oh noess11111

Can they find that from a blood test?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and after every meal

Oh noess11111

Blood test isn't foolproof.  Ultra sound.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and after every meal

Oh noess11111

But can it at least show signs of it? What does the Gall Bladder do anyways?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I would say stress could definantly help. I have a nervous stomach, and Im gonna go into the army in a few months, now if that dosent have my stomach producing some interesting stuff, I dont know what will.
Anything different in the diet? Ive learned to carefully watch what I eat, and that usually helps. Lack of sleep can add to the stress that can help too. Are you having stomach cramps or just going alot? When I am stressed, cramps usually accompany the fun smells and sounds. Hope that helps.

Now everyone knows my bathroom habits and problems.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I always thought fiber kept you "regular"

anyways maybe irratible bowel systrom?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Hida-scan with marshmellows.  That comes from my former nurse wife.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I would say stress could definantly help. I have a nervous stomach, and Im gonna go into the army in a few months, now if that dosent have my stomach producing some interesting stuff, I dont know what will.
Anything different in the diet? Ive learned to carefully watch what I eat, and that usually helps. Lack of sleep can add to the stress that can help too. Are you having stomach cramps or just going alot? When I am stressed, cramps usually accompany the fun smells and sounds. Hope that helps.

Now everyone knows my bathroom habits and problems.

I first get stomach cramps for about 10 minutes and then it's go time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and after every meal

Oh noess11111

The Gall Bladder produces bile, which is necessary for breaking down food. I had mine out, so it isn't absolutely necessary.

You have been under a lot of stress? It sounds like you maybe are not eating right, and the stress is causing you to produce too much stomach acid, which will cause your problem.

Eat right, get rest, try to lessen the stress and see what happens. If it is still a serious problem see a doc!

Jim
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and after every meal

Oh noess11111

Gall bladder stores bile which emulsifies fats in your digestive system. I'm not saying it IS your problem, but it could be. You still might want to get it checked out.

Gallstones are relatively common and may block the bladder or the ducts that move it to your intestines. I didn't have stones, my galbladder just quit working. Couldn't find any problems on ultrasound and it took my doc a while to figure it out.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Steps to follow:

1.  Clearly, you're going to die.

2.  Mail me all your guns before completing step 1.

Thanks,

Fidel

P.S.  It just some loose stool, at least you can go #2 without any problems.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Eat nothing but beef jerkey and peanut butter sandwiches for a few days.

If that doesn't work, start drinking milkshakes made with a 50/50 mix of protein shake and concrete.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you also have these problems?  Nausea?  Increased heartburn?  Right-side pain that radiates to the back?

All questions from my former nurse wife, who also had her gall bladder removed with the above symptoms.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Steps to follow:

1.  Clearly, you're going to die.

2.  Mail me all your guns before completing step 1.

Thanks,

Fidel

P.S.  It just some loose stool, at least you can go #2 without any problems.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#22]
My wife said they used to have patients with the same problem that was due to

Stress

The problem fixed itself when the stress went away.  Fiber also does regulate you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Did this start after you ate out somewhere? sounds like food poisoning to me,I had it and it's not fun but it will pass,no pun intended.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Do you also have these problems?  Nausea?  Increased heartburn?  Right-side pain that radiates to the back?

All questions from my former nurse wife, who also had her gall bladder removed with the above symptoms.

No nausea. I take prescription medication for heartburn (have for about 4 years now). I have right side pain in the muscle group at the bottom of my rib cage. My doctor thinks it is pain raidiating from a bulging disc in my back.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Milk of magnesia, worked after my hernia repair. Pain free poop.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No nausea. I take prescription medication for heartburn (have for about 4 years now). I have right side pain in the muscle group at the bottom of my rib cage. My doctor thinks it is pain raidiating from a bulging disc in my back.

I also sent you an IM.  Wife said doctors often misdiagnose gall bladder problems.  Two doctors missed her problem.  The pain at the bottom of your rib cage is a common side-effect of gall bladder problems.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I also sent you an IM.  Wife said doctors often misdiagnose gall bladder problems.  Two doctors missed her problem.  The pain at the bottom of your rib cage is a common side-effect of gall bladder problems.

Great. I may schedule a bit sooner than expected.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Crappiest thread ever.

Sorry to hear about your problems, happens to us all.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#29]
are you eating energy bars?  drink more water
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Cheese, lots of cheese
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I was going to say stress, but once you mentioned under the ribs right side, gall bladder shot right to the top.

Try eating a big dish of cashew chicken, followed up by real ice cream.. If it feels like the ping pong ball under your ribs is being inflated to basketball size, it's your gall bladder.  Then again diet and stress will act on the old GB too.

Hey it's better than being constipated.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#33]
One word,  Florastor.  This stuff is great.  

www.florastor.com/  

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:57:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:34:28 AM EDT
[#35]
I have this (IBD/Ulcerative Colitis) and the symptoms are similar, though there is usually blood as well. After diagnosis, treatment with ASACOL or a similar drug will keep it in check for up to 2 years between flare-ups. It never goes completely away.

Though this could also be an H-Pylori infection in the digestive tract. Only your doctor can tell for sure. H-Pylori is a bacteria that colonizes in the stomach and colon and has these same symptoms. After diagnosis, a few weeks of a strong anti-biotic will wipe it out.

SEE YOUR DOCTOR!  IBD can be fatal if not treated, as the colon can perforate, causing a fatal abdominal infection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top