Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 9:42:05 PM EDT
There's a good account of the battle in the prison at Mazar-e-Sharif at

[url]http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,2001540008-2001551563,00.html[/url]

Michael asked one Taleb why he had come to Afghanistan. He replied: “We’re here to kill you”, and jumped at Michael, who killed him and three others with his pistol before being wrestled to the ground.

The witness said: “The Taleban beat, kicked and bit him to death.”

David also killed at least one Taleb, but was then forced to flee. He said later: “There was no way of stopping them. They ran straight into gunfire.”

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
"... They ran straight into gunfire."
View Quote

... I hope our boys know that theses bastards are this crazy
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Should I have a problem with the fact that Britons and Americans caused the slaughter of these afghans??
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Should I have a problem with the fact that Britons and Americans caused the slaughter of these afghans??
View Quote

That's entirely up to you. I have no problem with them being slaughtered whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Their death works out better for the US, aside from whatever loss of intelligence information because they died before they could be interrogated.

We should accept genuine surrenders, or rather encourage our allies to accept them. But if they want to fight to the death, we should oblige their wishes. It's only polite.

Good shooting on the part of Spann, it sounds like. He went down fighting.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The USMC trains its people well- even its officers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Memo to Northern Alliance leaders:

Storing prisoners and weapons in the same area is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#7]
A very good link.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Memo to Northern Alliance leaders:

Storing prisoners and weapons in the same area is a bad idea.
View Quote

LMAO!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:02:30 AM EDT
[#10]
The NA seemed to forget the S's.
Search
Segregate
Silence
Safeguard
Speed

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#12]
It's nice to see that the vengeance fueled slaughter that we had requested is happening.
[:)]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Dont believe slaughter is the correct word. Implies some element of passivity on the part of the prisoners. This was exactly as the paper named it, a mass suicide. The result solved a number of issues, foremost being what to do with the prisoners. Cant say its not a fitting end.

Hope this drives some points home with the political and military leadership. We aint playing by the same rules - shit we aint even playing the same game.

Luck
Alac

Everyone gets to surrender once, NO ONE gets to surrender twice
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#14]
A month ago, I joked that the Taliban's version of the Afghan flag was plain white, and that if they tried to surrender, we could just say that we thought they were charging....
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd like to see a little more ruthlessness on our part from now on.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#16]
AC130 Spectre attack helicopters flew overhead five times, hovering and firing at close range.
View Quote

[b]??[/b]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Within three hours of the “uprising”, US and British special forces arrived in Land Rovers, some in uniform and some in civilian clothes, and the battle to retake Kala-i Janghi began in earnest. Witnesses said it was quickly apparent that trained soldiers were taking part in the assault, as the ragged bursts of Alliance machine-gun fire were replaced by the steady single-shooting of marksmen.
View Quote

Every time I see footage of anybody shooting their AK's they're holding the rifle over their heads shooting over cover. I think their eyes are closed half the time!
Fox News is reporting there are still holdouts in the prison and they are shooting at Red Cross workers who've entered the prison.

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Allah must have his hands full right about now, sorting and all....
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Allah must have his hands full right about now, sorting and all....
View Quote

I doubt it.  It's easy to determine the direction the Taliban and Al Queda are going.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#20]
From The Times link above:

"AC130 Spectre attack helicopters flew overhead five times, hovering and firing at close range."

I am surprised nobody here caught this blooper.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Look four posts up.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We should accept genuine surrenders...
View Quote

They aren't surrendering. When they raise their hands, they are actually praying to Allah for fire to come down from heaven and consume their enemies.

The proper response is to shoot them dead BEFORE they get a full prayer off, JUST INCASE Allah is actually listening.

I'm only partly joking here. The problem is, if these freaks are left alive, and they EVER get back into circulation, we're ONLY gonna hafta come kill them 5-10 years from today. So kill them NOW. NO SURRENDER.

We left unfinished business at the end of the Gulf War, and now we are gonna hafta go get Saddam again, but WITHOUT all the strategic advatages we had at the end of the Gulf War.

I am told these Afghanis have a LONG history of suddenly "changing sides" when the battle goes against them. But when things calm down, they return to their former alliances.

Kill 'em, I say. Kill 'me all. No surrender. No terms. ANYONE supporting bun Laden, or in anyway responsible for 9/11. Kill 'em all.

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Northern alliance prisoner security doctrine-
"Oh, you surrendering? O.K., go over there."
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Every time I see footage of anybody shooting their AK's they're holding the rifle over their heads shooting over cover. I think their eyes are closed half the time!
Fox News is reporting there are still holdouts in the prison and they are shooting at Red Cross workers who've entered the prison.

View Quote

Ive often wondered if there'd be any real cost savings on omiting the buttstock and sights of these things. Just like Somalia, they dont see much use.

Luck
Alac

Everyone gets to surrender once, [b]NO ONE gets to surrender twice [/b]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Garandman, my sentiments exactly!  Only when these vermin understand we are the meanest SOB in the valley can we triumph in this.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We should accept genuine surrenders...
View Quote

They aren't surrendering. When they raise their hands, they are actually praying to Allah for fire to come down from heaven and consume their enemies.

The proper response is to shoot them dead BEFORE they get a full prayer off, JUST INCASE Allah is actually listening.

I'm only partly joking here. The problem is, if these freaks are left alive, and they EVER get back into circulation, we're ONLY gonna hafta come kill them 5-10 years from today. So kill them NOW. NO SURRENDER.

We left unfinished business at the end of the Gulf War, and now we are gonna hafta go get Saddam again, but WITHOUT all the strategic advatages we had at the end of the Gulf War.

I am told these Afghanis have a LONG history of suddenly "changing sides" when the battle goes against them. But when things calm down, they return to their former alliances.

Kill 'em, I say. Kill 'me all. No surrender. No terms. ANYONE supporting bun Laden, or in anyway responsible for 9/11. Kill 'em all.

View Quote

Yes, Kill   them    ALL, including the hundreds we've arrested on OUR soil. Time to send a message. Time to let the pendulum swing HARD the "right" way. This is OUR country. Don't deport these muthafuckahs. Don't detain them. Torture them to gain intel. (if possible), and then Cut their fuckin throats, with EXTREME prejudice. And then bury their rotten carcasses in graves of bacon, hotdogs, and pickled pig's feet. No captors, no prisoners, no survivors= no liability.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lemme guess, you think that the Britons and the US caused 9/11?
Either way you are an idiot.
[pyro]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Lemme guess, you think that the Britons and the US caused 9/11?
Either way you are an idiot.
[pyro]
View Quote

It was a rhetorical question BYU...
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The story sure starts out on a "nice" tone:
WHETHER it was incompetence, overconfidence or duty that prompted two CIA operatives to interrogate dozens of Taleban on their own will perhaps remain a mystery.
But their decision triggered a revolt that became the single bloodiest engagement since the Afghan war began.
View Quote

I thought it was SOP to interrogate POW's?
View Quote

Yeah, but it must be a CIA technique to have them surround you while you interogate them.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top