Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2011 6:41:29 AM EDT
My daughter got me a Primary Arms red dot sight for fathers day. I think ther is a problem with it andwas wonderingif anyone has experienced it before. When I look through the site, the reticle often appears blurred. It acutually looks like there are multiple reticles. is this a common problem, or is there something wrong with me?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you used other red dots before with no problems?  If you have an astigmatisim the dot will look like that, so the problem may very will be with you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
its normal for it to look like a slightly blured tiny bunch of red grapes. IMHO
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Wear your glasses or correct your vision. It is not normal to be a cluster of grapes. Even the cheap $30 Tasco red-dots are sharp "dots" to the naked eye (when corrected to 20/20 vision). Also, stare downrange and not at the dot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have you used other red dots before with no problems?  If you have an astigmatisim the dot will look like that, so the problem may very will be with you.

I've never owned one, but I've looked through aot of them and never had a problem aquiring a clear sight picture.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't look at the dot when the sight is pointed at a wall or object close to you.  You'll never get it to focus.  Use a wall 20 or 30 feet away, and train your eye to focus on the dot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
The easiest way to figure out if a red dot is working is take a picture.

Unlike yours eyes, your camera does not have vision problems.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

its normal for it to look like a slightly blured tiny bunch of red grapes. IMHO

Yea, it's normal for someone who has an astigmatism.  Like you and I do.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As noted very common first look. I say that you have used other red dots. It is more common with smaller dots. If t does not clear up by looking through it not into it I will take care of it for you,

Thanks
Marshall

Marshall will get you fixed up.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I have astigmatism, it's not bad, but all my red dots are blurred, but still very useable.  Kind of annoying, but not a defect in the product.  I have an EoTech Aimpoint and even a cheap burris that are all that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top