Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2003 5:01:11 PM EDT
Thinking about toting my shotgun to the funshow this weekend and try to trade or buy something more suitable for my needs.

Shotgun is a Browning BPS in good condition(?). It has relief engraved on both sides of the receiver. Aceessories include: choke tubes & wrench, extra slug barrel with rifle sights, sling, original box and instructions.

How much? I'm thinking around $400. The good condition part I'm not sure about. The guns been "hunted", as in there's a few minor dings in the stock and a few scratches in bliueing, but overall still pretty nice.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say $350, if you've got the time to wait. Closer to $300 if you want a quick sale. Even though the BPS is a good gun, they just don't bring much money and any wear reduces their value even more.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Jim. I thought it might bring a premium at the gun show being a private sale and all, but I guess not.

I'm thinking about a Remington 870 express in left hand action. That's part of the problem with the Browning, the release is directly in front of the trigger for a lefty. The stocks a bit too long also and to be quite honest, this guns too pretty to drag through the mud and gunk. Mounting a scope for deer season is problematic too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Aceessories include: choke tubes & wrench, extra slug barrel with rifle sights, sling, original box and instructions.
View Quote

I missed the extra barrel. In that case, stick to $400 and don't take a penny less.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Carry it around for $400.
Gun shows are like Ebay. You never know what things are worth to some people.

You might have some guy grab you before you get in the door and swear that he has been looking for that exact gun cause his dad had one and he will shove the money in your face.

You can always go down on price later after you read the crowd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top