Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 7:49:26 PM EDT
Random thought of the night....  Are practice grenades legal?, I know the inert, dummy grenades are legal, and even spent practice grenades, but what about live practice grenades?, Is it the fuze that they don't want you to have?, then how come smoke, and CS grenades are legal?, I ask because the Waco thread made me recall a "report" I saw from the BATF about what they allegedly found in the ruins, and on the report were both live, and spent practice grenades, and I remember thinking that those shouldn't be illegal (not that the ATF would care, and the "report" was meant for the media, so shock value was a factor....), ofcourse the report also included mythical items such as "AK-47 lower recievers", which makes me think that the report was probably written in crayon....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Knew a kid in school who had a dummy grenade.  He welded the bottom hole shut or something and painted it OD green.  Said he was walk up to a cop car parked with the window down pull the pintoss it in the window and take off.  

Needless to say this kid had issues.  Last I heard he was in some halfway house..  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]
No one else?....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#3]
They are legal, so are smokes and CS.

Flashbangs, Frags, Incendiarys, and Illumination grenades are DDs.

Now if you are talking about the grenades with live fuses I have seen them advertised in SOF.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]
My guess would be no, since practice grenades are simply the grenade without the explosive (however they still have the fuse, which is a blasting cap). I'm not sure but i'm pretty sure that those are still regulatede by the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
The fuses are probably regulated the same way as blasting caps, since they are nearly the same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top