Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2001 10:41:12 PM EDT
"to love you must be loved and to be loved you must love... a catch 22 if ever there was one. "

Is that great or what? I'm sure none of us are poets or anything, I know I'm not anyway. A dear friend of mine is a poet and she wrote that on a backwall we drywalled a month or so ago. I hope someone finds it one day. "She aint thrilled about her shit being on the internet"

Yeah she is sitting right here.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That's pretty good I love phrases that present catch 22's.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
True it is, though.  
If you can't love yourself for who you are, then you can't love another.  And when someone loves you it's easier to love yourself for who you are.  

Nice stuff, said very succinctly.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My all time favorite has always been "the only way to know she truly loves you, Is if she swallows "
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Why do conversations on the topic of love inevitably degrade into discussions about oral sex.  I thought we got that out of our system in the high school locker room.  Maybe I'm just out of touch.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why do conversations on the topic of love inevitably degrade into discussions about oral sex.  I thought we got that out of our system in the high school locker room.  Maybe I'm just out of touch.  
View Quote

i agree wholeheartedly.. As the author of the quote I was kinda offended by the comment but was comforted by the fact that someone who knows what a true-honest-to-God-in-your-face,-I'll-live-and-breath-and-even-die-for-you-if-I-
have-to-love-, would appreciate the sentiment. People have forgotten the true glory of love. It's amazing to see someone look at you and just tell by the way that they smile at you that they love you.

And on the issue of sex, when you love someone and you are intimate with them there is no greater feeling and it can't be reduced to "spit or swallow" ..well, no greater feeling except the feel of a cold, sleek, black semi-automatic pistol in your hand.. *laughing* I'm kidding. anyway, thanks for the defense.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#6]
^^^
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
clockcoplives,

I'ld rather see clock cop die.

edited because I forgot what I realy wanted to post and that is thanks greenfrog/101-proof
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the appreciation of good work, I'm gonna try to get her to post some of it out on my site when it's up and running. It really is great stuff and should be seen by more than a couple of people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top