I received the following e-mail. Talk about a bunch of crap!
Subject: Changes to Your Membership
Please note, this email is being sent to inform you about a change in your PhotoPoint account.
Even if you have opted out of promotional messages, we are required to contact you regarding this important change.
We regret to announce that due to prohibitive bandwidth costs, our remote image hosting service (i.e. using PhotoPoint to link to photos from other websites and online auctions such as eBay) will only be available in our Basic and Plus Membership packages. This change of service will take effect July 3, 2001. If you wish to use PhotoPoint for remote image hosting, please purchase one of the following membership packages:
Membership Plus for only $29.95/year
- Store up to 500 photos
- Enjoy Print at Home - a fun, fool-proof way to create great prints on your home printer
- Choose the Fast PhotoPoint album view for faster load times
- Save 5% on print orders from the PhotoPoint MarketPlace
- Enjoy all the regular photo storing and sharing benefits of PhotoPoint such as PicCheers, album invitations and remote image
Basic Membership for only $19.95/year
- Store up to 250 photos
- Enjoy all the regular photo storing and sharing benefits of PhotoPoint such as PicCheers, album invitations and remote image hosting.
We apologize for this necessary change in our membership program, and sincerely hope you will continue to enjoy using the features and services available at PhotoPoint.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service.
The PhotoPoint Family