Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 12:13:39 PM EDT
About 3 yrs ago, I bought a Kel Tec P-32, well I just got around to taking it to the range a few weeks ago.

Turns out:

Shoots great at 10 yards

It is so concealable that I carry it all the time.

In the past I carried my .45 about 30% of the time do to comfort and concealablity.
I know the .32 doesnt have near the stoping power but looking at the percentages its better to carry small than carry nothing.

Anyone had this experience?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I never carry a weapon I haven't shot and feel 100% confident in. Caliber doesn't matter as much as training imo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Because of my build, (bulky), I don't have a problem carrying my .45 H&K compact all the time but I know other people who would carry more if they could conceal it better.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I never carry a weapon I haven't shot and feel 100% confident in. Caliber doesn't matter as much as training imo.

AMEN

I broke the bank buying a top notch .45 designed for concealment because of that round, and after I had to use it to defend myself I reconsidered carrying a para staggared mag .45 for capacity sake.

Sounds like you have a nice shorts pocket/backup weapon. Some weapons just aren't comfortable when you don't make a practice of carrying them, but no discomfort spared could make up for that feeling when you need it most on the day you couldn't put yourself out to carry it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I got my CCW over two years ago, and I have carried a whopping two times.  The clothes I wear to work just don't lend themselves well to concealed carry (button-down shirt tucked into dress pants, and I'm overweight), and it's only in winter time that i could wear a jacket or something to cover my waistband.

I bought a Kimber Ultra-Carry with the intention of carrying it, but I never really found a holster that I felt would work for it.

I guess I could get an ankle holster.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got my CCW over two years ago, and I have carried a whopping two times.  The clothes I wear to work just don't lend themselves well to concealed carry (button-down shirt tucked into dress pants, and I'm overweight), and it's only in winter time that i could wear a jacket or something to cover my waistband.

I bought a Kimber Ultra-Carry with the intention of carrying it, but I never really found a holster that I felt would work for it.

Try a small 5 shot .38 airweight. Go hammerless.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]
To carry more often i would have to carry in my sleep.  Gun goes on with my pants when i get up in the morning. Just a little 13 shot 9mm though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Galco makes an IWB that you can tuck your shirt in over (called SkyOps - presumably for the air marshals). It works best with those button down shirts, since they (for me anyway) leave plenty of space to hide a pistol butt.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I was a fat ass myself (then I dropped) 30 pounds which certainly makes carry easier. I live in LA and it is hot weather so if a former fatass could carry a 1911 concealed, you certainly should be able to as well. I use a Galco IWB that has a feature allowing you to tuck your shirt over the holster. If you have a belly try carrying at the kidney. It's not as ideal as below the belly button, but it beats the hell out of no carry.

Quoted:

Try a small 5 shot .38 airweight. Go hammerless.

I just talked a 1911er out of one of these at Academy.

Pros:

- beats NOTHING
- Smooth, snag free draw
- Superlight weight makes it a joy to carry

Cons

- 5 round capacity
- 1" barrel will light up like an Xmas tree blinding you 1st shot at night
- Superlight weight would be a huge liability when having to use it.

In conjunction with that little barrel you'll be all over the place (esp dealing w a moving target) with that light gun. Shot placement is always THE critical factor (when possible, and SHTF doesn't always allow that). Shot placement would be hindered by those two cons and the 5 rounds of measely .38 you have just don't add up to a 1st line of defense to me. It's a great backup gun, that's it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently retired an HK USP .45acp Full Size that I wore for 5 years.  I'm 5'-7" and 166lbs.  Wanna talk about concealability?

I'm now carrying a P220 (full time) w/ a mag or 2.   As soon as I can get my hands on another CompTac Paddle, I will start carrying a 226 on occasion.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]
p32 is a cool little gun.

My experience mirrors yours.  I prefer to carry a sig 229, but there are some situations which lend themselves to carrying the p32 or nothing at all.

For a tiny little gun it is very ergonomic.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Try a tuckable holster. It works well for tucked in shirts and concealed carry. Desantis , C-tac ect make em as well as others.

I carry something almost always. Even with just shorts on , I usually have a NAA rev. or such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top