Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2002 4:28:56 PM EDT
I'm basically sick of some punk AI unit appearing out of nowhere, I'm not playing the missions because I want to actually play the single player missions.  I'm doing it to get a little more accustomed to the game before playing online.

The AI is at times nearly impossible to avoid much less stand a chance against, I'm looking to edit the AI to make them the biggest/dumbest bunch of bipedal vermin so that I can sit down and shoot the bastards.

I know there are one or two people on the forum that are likely familiar enough with the game to help me, it's that or if there's a legitimate "god mode" other than the stupid crap I find on the net.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/bloperationflashpoint.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I've tried that "iwillbetheone" god mode and it won't work, so question is how exactly am I doing it wrong or what exactly are they doing to get it to work?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't tried it yet either, so I can't help you there. I like you have gotten a little frustrated with this game..... I'll throw the game in and see if it works on mine
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
See, I've had the game since it was first released but aside from playing a few helicopter missions where I could actually stand a chance against the AI, I haven't actually sat down to play any of the land warfare missions.     It's no wonder really, the AI is almost super human even on easiest difficulty.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for the non-help, it doesn't work on mine either. Damn I was saving that one until I got totally fed up, I'm sure someone on here  will come along with an actual cheat that works.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
worst case scenerio, I'll have to fire up a mutliplayer game to act stupid in.    I'm also going to look into making a single or maybe even mutliplayer map, add all the elements of the game into a nice little "free for all" area where a person can go in and pick up whatever they want then run off to have fun with it.    Vehicles, weapons, and then place some dummy targets out in the open some place as practice.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The "iwillbetheone" code only works for the orginal version. I know that 1.30 will not work. The original version may have been 1.10

The best thing to do if you want target practice to get used to the weapons is to go into the editor and set up empty vehicles to shoot and unarmed civilians. Heh....

You can also slide the skill level of enemy troops in the editor to make them "dumber"

For game play i reccomend playing the orginal campaign in cadet mode. The first few mission are fairly easy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#8]
you can replace the config.bin file of the game with a "tweaked" version that makes the weapon accuracy more realistic, friendly AI better, with better armor, ect ,ect.
I have not done this though. (I[b] DO[/b] have a hacked copy of the config.bin,....but I just use it as a reference for building addons.

I pretty much use only custom units and weapons in my missions, and I have "tweaked" them to be more realistic in performance/accuracy/dammage, ect, ect.
but If you are talking about making changes to the [b]official[/b] missions of the campaign itself....I would immagine the config.bin is the only way to alter things, because you have to alter the [b]official[/b] units.
[b]I dont recomend doing this unless you are comfortable working with the config.cpp files of addons, and have altered a few custom addons on your own[/b]
and....you [b]should not[/b] do this if you play the game online,....because it will mess things up when other people have un-altered config.bins

go to the forums here, and do a search for config.bin
[url]www.ofpeditingcenter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Another choice is to stop tripping the hot spot that causes them to pop up.
Programmers don't know what you are going to do, so they try to funnel you into a specific direction. If you avoid it, you can stop the guy from popping up out of now where.
Sometimes you need to trip them to advance the game, other times they are just to get you beat down. If you can tell what spot or line you are hitting to cause the guy to pop up, you can avoid him, or be prepared for him when he does pop up.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Another choice is to stop tripping the hot spot that causes them to pop up.
Programmers don't know what you are going to do, so they try to funnel you into a specific direction. If you avoid it, you can stop the guy from popping up out of now where.
Sometimes you need to trip them to advance the game, other times they are just to get you beat down. If you can tell what spot or line you are hitting to cause the guy to pop up, you can avoid him, or be prepared for him when he does pop up.
View Quote

Operation Flashpoint code is a little more advanced than that.....yes there are triggers for some events, but the AI are "free range chickens" in alot of cases...and dont just "pop up" LOL....the best way to beat the AI in Flashpoint is with stealth, and strategy.
If you go at them like Rambo,...they will toast you. And they "hear" gunshots, so they will zero in on you the more you stay in one place and fire at them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Last night i took Lipny (?) with ONE BMP and two large rocks. Destroyed a T-72 and two Soviet BMP's from my APC of which i was the only occupent. The two large rocks provided cover from the Soviet armor and i just launched AT missles from my cover. Mowed down all the RPG guys with the MG. I alone killed ALL of the city's Russian contigent by sniping from the gunner position (well i did call in Gustavski to sabatoge). If you hit the + button on the Numeric keypad, you can zoom in. Tank sniping is King [+]:D]

Be wary of this tactic though. Some times the T-72 will hit you. Be sure to knock out the M2 (pftt) Soviet gunners if you have your squad with you. I left my back to act as spotters and to enjoy the show.

armored lib
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
What I'd like to do is start playing a few online games.    I'm getting to be a pretty darned good chopper pilot in the game, loads of fun running down on targets like that.

Would be nice to get a multiplayer game up and going where a few of us ran a raid against a heavily fortified enemy base, mix of ground forces and air.    Just need a good host, still haven't played the game online yet to see how the lag is.   I'm broadband but nothing compared to a T1 host if that were available.

Anyhow, the AI is a real buttkicker sometimes.   Those suckers are tricky as hell and a crack shot if they figure out where you are, 2-3 shots and they'll kill yer ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top