Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 3:26:10 PM EDT
For those of you not in Denver, CO, there have been numerous Police shootings lately which has everyones panties in a bunch.  Now when they try to use non lethal methods, end up killing the guy, and still the public is complaining.  They just cant win...

Click here for the story
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The Dumb*(#$)*# was on coke!  Unfortunate but... [John Wayne]Ya call the tune ya pay the piper.[John Wayne]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That's why they are called Less Lethal, not non lethal.
The potential for life threatening injury still exist, just not as likely to occur.
In this guys case, heart problems + cocaine = the inevitable blowout, just a pity the P.D. will bear the blame for it.
OTOH:
This dumb ass had O.D. THREE TIMES before, and his family did nothing to help him untill he was already under the influence, but now he is their beloved misunderstood lawsuit family member.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
They werent taught to us as being "less lethal"

We were told that Tasers alone wont kill someone under any circumstance, there has to be something like drugs etc involved
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's why they are called Less Lethal, not non lethal.
The potential for life threatening injury still exist, just not as likely to occur.
In this guys case, heart problems + cocaine = the inevitable blowout, just a pity the P.D. will bear the blame for it.
OTOH:
This dumb ass had O.D. THREE TIMES before, and his family did nothing to help him untill he was already under the influence, but now he is their beloved misunderstood lawsuit family member.

Yeah, the Denver PD has been catching a lot of B.S. lately for other crap just like this.  I'm not LEO ***YET***, but it truly disgusts me how ignorant some people are, and how the coked out, junkie is the victim in all of thie
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the same thing that happened in Detroit with Malice Green.

Green was high on crack cocaine and fought with police to prevent them from taking his last 'rock'. During the fight (1980's prior to pepper spray) the two cops struck Green several times. Green had some lacerations on his head, and was transported to the hospital from the scene. The autopsy said he died of a heart attack. The M.E. went on to say that the stress of the struggle with the police was a contributing factor.

The prosecutor said that Larry Budson and Walter Nevers beat Green to death. The jury of imbeciles didn't understand that Green's skull was "intact". The jury also watched 'spike lee's movie "malcom x'' that showed the rodney king footage. Green was black. The jury was black. The prosecutor was black. the Judge was black. the "witnesses" were whores and drug dealers on the street at 2:30am.

Budson and Nevers are white.

And they were convicted of murder.

What a system! Such a comedy of blantant flaws. This country needs to be overhauled.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Karlo's back was broken when he was 20, and the only thing that controlled intense pain was the illegal stimulant, according to Long.

He had overdosed on cocaine three times before, Long said.

Yeah, that's what it was for.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm usually on the other side of the fence...

That guy was coked up. He wouldn't stop or go down. Sounds to me like they did what they had to do to protect themselves and the public and by misfortunate chances, the guy died.

"I took coke for my back!" Riiiiiiiiiight.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#9]
He was a brick mason. I am in the masonry business, and I know lots of deadbeat motherfuckers like this.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This is the same thing that happened in Detroit with Malice Green.

And they were convicted of murder.

What a system! Such a comedy of blantant flaws. This country needs to be overhauled.

Didn't nevers or Budsen have his conviction overturned? I thought thewre was some sort of prosecutorial misconduct in the original convictions
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. After all these junkies are the nicest people on earth, just ask the family.

"He was just starting to get his life turned around.  He was going back to get his GED and was looking for a job.  It's senseless really."

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Our PD had a subject die in custody at the hospital after being placed in custody after being P-sprayed while fighting. He was a dealer/user, and had swallowed a bunch (after getting stoked) when the bust went down. Coroner report was "Heart failure D/T stress and acute cocaine intoxication" IIRC.

[hardcorecynic]It's amazing. Every time we pulled up at a disturbance and the P spray came out, folks just chilled the F out. Amazing how fast the word travels.[/hardcorecynic]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top