Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 8:06:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
right click my computer and choose properties. then click the hardware tab and device manager.
See if it's listed under sound or other devices. You may have to open the PC and look at the physical card to see what it is. If you have a Dell or Gateway I think you can put your serial # in a form in thier support area and it will tell what came with the machine and give you the option to download the driver.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you run the xp update program?  It checks for drivers, although might have trouble with an unrecognized card.  Also, if you know what kind of sound card you have, post it.  If not, share what model/brand computer it is and I'm sure one of us can look it up for ya.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#3]
"My little brother recently changed the operating system from XP to 2000 Professional " Why the f#$% would he do that? XP is far more stable and useful than 2000. Sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"My little brother recently changed the operating system from XP to 2000 Professional " Why the f#$% would he do that? XP is far more stable and useful than 2000. Sheesh.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top