Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 8:28:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#1]
May try deleting all the temporary internet files and cookies, then accessing PayPal again. There may be some cookie attached to the site that is triggering the alarm.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
What are the security warnings saying?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Try downloading firefox and see if you get the same security alert.  Maybe some spyware really embedded in IE.

Firefox
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Try tools, internet options, security.  Play around on that screen.  Perhaps add paypal.com as a trusted site or change the security level.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What are the security warnings saying?

They say that the company has been selected as a company we do not trust. I did some checking and found the company is Verisign?!?!?!?

MY wife and I are using Verisign based security all of the time, so this does not make sense. I vaguely remember seeing a place on Windows 2000 where you could indicate which companies you would definitely not trust. I just cannot find it now.

It means in the past you selected to not trust Verisign somewhere/somehow, should be under ---TOOLS------->INTERNET OPTIONS------->SECURITY------>and either Trusted or Restricted, see if you can move it off restricted.

If it is a service pack 2 security thing, I can't help ya, I havn't played wiht it yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top